We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip by train - suggestions please

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
w62
London
Level Contributor
797 posts
185 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip by train - suggestions please

I am coming up at the end of May and have a couple of friends coming with me who have never been to Scotland before. We ahve plans for most days but I would like to take the train (don't want to drive so no car suggestions please) somewhere scenic for the day. Can anyone suggest anywhere that we could get to in a couple of hours and where we could have a pub lunch? Last time I tried doing this we went to Rothesay for the day - and it was shut! (Well everything was more of less closed). Plus we have a couple of ankle biters in tow. What is Largs like these days? Or can I get a train to somewhere along Loch Lomond?

Very grateful for any suggestions.

w62
London
Level Contributor
797 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Day trip by train - suggestions please

Understand that bit yes but I think you misunderstood my issue - which was with the architectural style. It could have been built in a way that fitted in with the surroundings.

22. Re: Day trip by train - suggestions please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 19:18
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow