We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Hi we are going to Glasgow for a stag do on 10th November with 16+ fellas. Staying in teh city centre. Could any1 advise if their is anything to do on a saturday afternoon to suit in the city centre area? Any decent bars to watch footy etc? Or kareoke etc?

Help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Andy

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Well I guess visiting Kevin Keagan's Soccer Circus at Braehead would be different. http://www.soccercircus.com/

Santa Fe, NM
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

There's a big sports bar half-way up Sauchiehall Street - lots of TVs, so lots of different games. Forget what it's called though. There are a few "gentleman's clubs" too - that's what your supposed to do on a stag do - he's got the rest of his married life to sing karaoke and watch the footy ;-) Haven't been to either of them, so I can't comment.

Cheers,

Lee

scotland
Level Contributor
30 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

If you're staying in the city centre you will be spoiled for choice for bars etc. Try John Street (Italian centre) there are some really good outdoor bars, although November in Glasgow weather unpredictable!! Plenty in the surrounding area of the Merchant City. Iam sure there is a sports bar in Ingram Street. Sauchiehall Street has loads of bars with TV's.

Have fun!

belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Thanks guys, sounds good! Have you got any suggestions for a few good night clubs, dancey type music in the area?

PS Lee - the gentlemans clubs goes without sayin, iv heard truffles is the place :) lol

Cheers

Andy

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Andy,

u have the choices of legs & co, truffles or Diamond Dolls and seventh heaven (so I am told!!!)

With regards to clubs you haves some great choices. I will check out who is playing and get back to you.

For Sat afternoon to watch footy there is the aforementioned sports bar on Saucihall st or the horseshoe bar in Drury lane near Buchanan St is always a good choice. Depending on who is playing you could go to a game outwith the old firm you have Queens Park or Partick Thistle

belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

nice one cheers, iv heard john 00 fleming is playing the arches next saturday nite, that could be an option, but mite not suit everyone if you know what i mean. how far is thistle and queens park grounds from the city centre?

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,291 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Queen's Park play at Hampden on the Southside, say 4/5 miles from

city centre, so you'd need to get a taxi or train (Mount Florida). It's £10 admission to watch QP.

Thistle play at Firhill in Maryhill about a couple of miles from the city centre. You would be best to get the underground to St Georges Cross.

If Hamilton Accies are at home they'd maybe be worth a visit on their current form and their ground is adjacent to Hamilton West train station.

As Seventh Heaven sponser the football team I support I guess I should recommend them.

Gourock, United...
Level Contributor
272 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

What sort of music you want? Its always hard to please everyone!

Stacey Pullen is at sub club also (that where I will be!)

Hamilton,Scotland
Level Contributor
93 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

Hamilton Accies are at home that weekend to Partick Thistle with a 3pm ko.(a sort of local derby)

Lower level train from Glasgow Central takes 20 mins every 15 minutes,and Hamilton West is right at the ground with various pubs round about there.

belfast
Level Contributor
20 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag do, Glasgow, saturday afternoons...........

cheers lads thats brilliant - mite be tempted to try the hamilton match, get an idea of what the footy is like at that level - couldnt be any worse than irish league lol

anyways would be lookin for dancey / trancy type music probably, and ur rite cant please everyone