We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

I know I might be leaving this a bit late but Im looking to book a nice restaurant that is suitable for kids (5yrs and 9months)for Mother Day.

I'd prefer somewhere thats not a chain and has decent home cooked food.

The Red Onion has been suggested but Im not sure.

Any suggestions?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

I'm not even sure if its open on a Sunday, but what about the Battlefield Rest. It certainly used to be very good. Great for kids as well.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,795 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

Fratelli Sartis Italian on Renfield St seemed popular with families on my recent visit. The food was great and the kids (and parents and grandparents) on the table next to mine were certainly tucking in with gusto.

Have a great time wherever you choose:-)

UK
Level Contributor
3,265 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

Have you tried Guy's Restaurant in Candleriggs? The food and service are excellent and it now rates as one of my favourite restaurants in Glasgow.

It does seem to cater well for families with young children.

Bon appetit!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
161 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

Thanks for the suggestions.

My OH went ahead and booked Paperinos in the West End.

I went for lunch to Guy's for the first time a few weeks ago . The service was good and I enjoyed the atmosphere but felt the food was a bit overpriced. Maybe it was just what we ordered as everyone I speak to gives it rave reviews.

Thats interesting about Fratellis. I have never given it a chance...usually because I can't see past Amarone! I think I will try it out next time.

Battlefield Rest isn't somewhere I have heard of before and mayeb a bit far for us to travel as we are coming from Balloch. Nice menu though so thanks for the suggestion.

5. Re: Suggestions on where to book for Mothers Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 20:20