We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Busby Hotel - Glasgow

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Busby Hotel - Glasgow

I have recently had a dreadful experience in the Busby hotel in Glasgow, just like to warn people about the treatment you get if you try and complain.

Nobody Listens and you are treated with contempt

I for one would give it a body swerve, there are many other places worthy of a visit before the Busby

Level Contributor
97 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Busby Hotel - Glasgow

Maybe putting a proper review on TA would be better that just putting it in the forum? If it's not already on the site you can add it yourself.+

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,919 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Busby Hotel - Glasgow

Here's the OP's review:

<<I see from the volume of particularly unhappy customers that I am not alone in my complaints about the Busby Hotel. Surely that says something is rotten ot the core, when this level of service is not an isolated event but a regular occurence.

My belief is that you can always judge a customer service orientated business by the way that they deal with complaints. Things such as bad food or stuffy decor, don't help the experience, but how the hotel deals with a compaint is the really important factor.

In this respect the Busby Hotel gets a big fat ZERO. Rarely have I ever been subject to such a bad response from management about a compaint over the quality of the service that was received.

No attempt at an apology was made and the management simply refused to make any allowance for the lack of service we received. They were totally unresponsive and unapologetic to any form of reasoned arguement.

If you want a pleasant meal in pleasant surroundings with good customer service then stay as far away from the Busby as possible>>

As far as reviews go it is one of a number all giving just one point to the hotel. Unfortunately Glacier you do not give much detail in your review. It would be most useful to others if you stated when you stayed, how long you stayed, if in fact you did stay or just eat at the hotel, what you needed to complain about, who you complained to, and what their response was.

If you think we should give it a body serve, could you please fill in the gaps and tell us why?

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Busby Hotel - Glasgow

If it is the one reached through the link above this post, then it is actually about 10 miles out of the City, at Busby. I stayed there once a few years ago, I can't remember it being bad but I never went back so it can't have been that good either.

Still have questions?Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question
4. Re: Busby Hotel - Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 06:28
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow