We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to and from Prestwick to Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Enfield
7 posts
Save Topic
Trains to and from Prestwick to Glasgow

Planning to book air tickets arriving at Preswick at 11.00pm on a Friday night and pick up a train to Glasgow Central. Is there any time restrictions when the trains run. Would I get a train so late in the night also is there any problems picking up a train on a Sunday evening at Glasgow Central for a flight at 21:15 at Prestwick. I am thinking of travelling May Bank Holiday weekend.

Also how long is the train journey, I have never used Preswick Airport before. I would appreciate any advice and help from someone who has done this journey. Thanks

scotland
Level Contributor
791 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains to and from Prestwick to Glasgow

The last train leaves Ayr at 23:00, so you are not going to be able to catch that one.

There is a train for your return journey leaving Glasgow at 17:00.

Check times on www.firstscotrail.co.uk

There is an express coach that runs to Glasgow at 23:59 to catch the later flight arrivals.It takes 50mins into Glasgow. you can book it on www.https://parking.glasgowprestwick.com/newbooking/Coach/CoachAvailabilityPage.aspx

Hope this helps

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains to and from Prestwick to Glasgow

The Last train from Prestwick Aiport on the Friday is 2307 so you are unlikely to make that. There is the X99/X100 bus at 2359 the poster above mentions although the link they posted desn't work, try this one instead (www.gpia.co.uk/AirportInfo/HowTo/bus.asp).

3. Re: Trains to and from Prestwick to Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2009, 08:16