We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

celtic park

ayrshire
4 posts
Save Topic
celtic park

i am goin to the old firm game on the 31 08 i am a rangers suporter wich is the best way 4 me to get to celtic park and a good pub along the way

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
69 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: celtic park

Best bet is to get to a city center pub then get a taxi. I have only ever went to Parkhead on a supporters bus. Dont try and walk it if you dont know the area, especially if you have colours on.

Hope you bring us back a result ;)

ayrshire
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: celtic park

is it far frm the city centre to celtic park by taxi is there any arreas i shood avoid bn a rangers suporter

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,438 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: celtic park

As a Rangers supporter I would think it's best to avoid the area around Celtic Park.

Hope that helps

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
806 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: celtic park

hmmm i have to assume that you are getting to glasgow by train or bus

if thats the case get then the best bet is to get the 18 bus for east kilbride

it goes along london road

being honest though if your going your self get a taxi esp if you have a rangers top on !! traffic canbe hellish so leave your self lots of time

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,851 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: celtic park

Surely, surely the simplest solution is to travel to the ground without colours on and keep yourself to yourself?

That way it won't matter where you walk or what area you travel through.

Alternatively, post this request on a GRFC fans forum rather than TA.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: celtic park

If you are getting the train from Ayrshire to Central you could get a through ticket to Bridgeton which is served by the Glasgow Central Low Level trains and then from Bridgeton walk along London Road. I've done this in the past but it wasn't for a Celtic Rangers match which likely makes quite a big difference safety wise.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: celtic park

I think this is a wind up. Is there a Rangers fan from Ayrshire who has to go on a forum to ask how to get to Celtic Park?

ayrshire
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: celtic park

everyone has told me all diffrnt places of wat pubs in glasgow do the suporters bus ive not long moved to this area wood b good for a bit of help lol

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: celtic park

There is no shortage of Rangers fans in Ayrshire who would be willing to advise you. You are asking the wrong people.

Paisley, United...
Level Contributor
806 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: celtic park

"You are asking the wrong people" what makes you say this?

Get answers to your questions about Glasgow