We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

places 2 stay in central glasgow??

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
preston
Level Contributor
14 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
places 2 stay in central glasgow??

need your help!!!!

i was booked in 2 stay at the devoncove hotel and after reading the reviews on here i think im best changing....... do you agree??

im after a central hotel/ b and b for me and my fella 2 stay in for 2nights in nov max money is £150

let me no if you anywere

thanksssssssssss

x x x

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

I haven't stayed in the place, but Marks Hotel gets great reviews from those who have on Hotels.com. With them, you can get a double room for £76/night. What I do know, is that its very central.

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

hi

there's also Premier Inn just off george square, the reviews don't seem too bad and should be relatively cheap! :)

enjoy

Jen

sunny glasgow
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

You could try the Piping Centre it's a five minute walk from Queen Street Station.

The staff are lovely and the breakfasts are fab.

glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
78 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

Try hotel connexions. They do some really good deals on Glasgow hotels and they also do half board which might keep your costs down.

I live in Glasgow and there are so many lovely hotels in the city. Maybe you could try the Grosvenor Hotel in the West End. The University is out there and there's lots to see and do. It's a great district of the city with lots of bars etc and has easy access to the city centre as well.

Enjoy

www.hotelconnexions.com/AniteXmlGateway.aspx

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
10 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

My favorite Hotel in Glasgow is Hotel du Vin @ One Devonshire Gardens... I think it is near that other one you mentioned.. it is fabulous.. gorgeous inside.. but might be more than 150 pounds however you might get a deal on one of the hotelroom websites..

argyll, scotland
Level Contributor
73 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

Why not try the etap hotel on springfield quay - i stayed there recently and it was great. The best bit is they only charge £32 per night thus leaving the rest of your cash for good times in the city :-)

If you dont fancy the etap, you have the travelinns, travelodge, novotel, jurys etc etc i have stayed in them all and to be honest they are all decent

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

Hi

The malmaison is nice, if you could get a good enough deal.

The premier inns are quite handy and reliable.

If you could get a decent deal there is the Radison SAS, Abode or the Park Inn - all central and have reputations for good quality (have only eaten in them so don't know what the rooms are like).

I stayed in Marks under its previous owners and it is a great location but was a bit noisy at night. Jurys Inn is a good location and fine if unremarkable - unless you like trains - you can get a room overlooking the platforms of the train station - and the sound insulation is brilliant so you don't hear them.

Good luck

8. Re: places 2 stay in central glasgow??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 21:16