We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

I know there are loads of pubs that will be showing the football in Glasgow this weekend.

My problem is there are 10 of us coming to Glasgow to attend the Queen concert and the guys are wanting to watch the football prior.

They are looking for pub large enough, that is showing match (with sound)thats city centre OR near to SECC.And that may do meals as well.

Glasgow will be manic so we are hoping to get there early.

thanks in advance

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

Hi mrsbrick,

Thank you for mentioning Saturday's game, I cannae wait for it.

As for your question, how about the Ingram on Queen St? It is a traditional pub, with a number of large LCDs. The beer is decent, and they serve pretty good pub grub.

IMO, do not go anywhere near the Sports Cafe. NED infested, and overpriced, truly awful drink.

You are right, Glasgow is going to be jumping on Saturday, and Hampden will be rocking even moreso than the Queen gig. ;-)

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

hi

i second the choice of the Ingram, have watched a few games in there myself. good pub, good atmosphere and good grub.

I agree that you need to get there early!

hope you have a great time :)

Jen

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

The Ingram is a good shout. ANother option is The Auctioneers; large, central and normally has a good atmosphere on match days. They do cheap pub grub but you'd need to be early enough to grab a table. I watched Scotland beat France :-)) in there last year and we had a ball but it was very busy. We watched the Italy game :-(( in the Old Printworks - another large, central pub but maybe a bit studenty.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

The Garage is open for the game. There's to be old Scotland games on big screens and live music before the game itself, and then the game shown live. It should be busy. Its £3 at the door, I believe.

Unfortunately, I cant attend, as my day involves the Tartan Specials followed by another glorious Hampden experience. ;-)

5. Re: place to watch Scotland Game 11th Oct

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 12:17