We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Need Restaurant Help!

UK
2 posts
Save Topic
I Need Restaurant Help!

I am taking eleven other 18 year olds out for lunch in 2 weeks.

But I have no ideas on where to go =/

It needs to be quite central, and we all like Italian.

Any ideas?

(I was planning to go to Sarti's on Renfield St but went yesterday as I'd not been for about 6 months and it turned out to be RUBBISH! So the booking was cancelled)

UK
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

Good Italian food in Glasgow city centre?

I suggest Paperino's on Sauchiehall Street or The Italian Kitchen on Ingram Street.

Buon appetito!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

Pity, I really like Sartis on Renfield Street. I've always been lucky there.

You might want to consider Amerone Italian restaurant on the corner of Buchanan Street and Nelson Mandela place. Its fairly popular and owned by the same people as Di Maggio's which I quite like myself but some others on the forum aren't quite as keen. Amerone always seems to attract positive comments:

http://www.list.co.uk/place/102846-amarone/

Amerone is very central if that is one of your main requirements.

Di Maggios if you don't mind your Italian with a slight american influence, is also just off Buchanan Street at Royal exchange Square:

www.list.co.uk/place/100331-di-maggios/

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

I think Ellonway has got it spot on - both Paperinos and the Italian Kitchin are excellent. Have never been to Sarti's, so can't comment.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
170 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

You may want to consider Qua Italian Restaurant on Ingram St. Their lunch menu is £7-95 for 2 courses and last time I was there for lunch with a big crowd it had a really buzzy atmosphere and very attentive waiting staff. I seem to remember Italian Kitchen getting bad reviews on here recently but I've enjoyed meals both there and Paperinos in the past. Enjoy your lunch.

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

i have been to Italian Kitchen - good food, nice atmosphere, have heard so so reviews of Qua (its right next door to Italian Kitchen) there is also Italian Caffe in the same area, haven't tried it yet but its meant to be good.

As PC has said, some don't like the Amarone link to di Maggio's, don't let this put you off. I'm not overly keen on Di Maggio's as feel it is too "un-authentic italian" but i love Amarone, fab fod, atmosphere and service.

Enjoy!!

Jen

UK
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

Thanks for the help everyone!

7. Re: I Need Restaurant Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2009, 18:21