We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow in March

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
114 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow in March

Can anybody give me some idea of temperatures in March. I will be visiting next year from NZ. Also I need a good B&B suitable for a mature lady travelling alone. Many thanks in advance. JK

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,542 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow in March

metoffice.gov.uk/climate/…paisley.html

This link gives average temperatures for Glasgow. However the weather in Scotland can never be described as average. It could be a lot colder and we had heavy snow last March. Wrap up.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,028 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow in March

Difficult say what temperature you'll get in March. It's somewhat changeable year on year. But can range from high 30's to low 50's.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,825 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow in March

.. an that's Fahrenheit ;o)

New Zealand
Level Contributor
114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow in March

Is it then feasable to be a tourist and move about the country and about what time does darkness fall?

Saxtons River...
Level Contributor
294 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow in March

I too am a mature lady who travels alone. I was in Glasgow last month and had a wonderful stay at the Alamo Guest House. There are many positive reviews on TA.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,311 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow in March

It'll be dark around 6pm at the beginning of March and around 7.30pm by the end of the month

sunny glasgow
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow in March

Hi Jessie,

I don't want to bring up the dreaded climate change topic but the weather patterns across the whole of the UK have changed in the last fifteen years and our spring flowering plants are also out a month earlier.

If you are lucky you may get some lovely spring days but I would bring layers as well as a waterproof should give you enough wind and rain protection.

Can I also check with you that your understanding of a B&B is the same as mine,which is that you want to stay in a guest house and not a hotel with breakfast.

I can see there would be advantages for you if you are travelling staying in a guest house but I have picked this up incorrectly before with cousins that I have in NZ ( when they had moved on from mine)?

New Zealand
Level Contributor
114 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow in March

Thanks for the advice. Yes have stayed in B&Bs before in the UK ie guest houses and find they are a better way to mix with people than the more disatnat feeliong one often gets ina hotel. Thanks JK

9. Re: Glasgow in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow