We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

Hi,

Does anyone know of any one off shops in Glasgow that sell items such as art work, lights, mirrors etc for a modern flat?

I live in Edinburgh and have a Cotterel Lighting but apart from that theres not much choice...

Thanks

Amanda

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,145 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

Hi

Some options are

Colonial - www.colonial.uk.com - who I see have a branch in Edinburgh too

BoConcept - www.boconcept.co.uk - shop on Sauchiehall Str

Dwell http://dwell.co.uk (who have a store in Princes Square)

if you are interested in the occasional antique piece for your flat there is a very good antique shop that focuses on lighting in the arcade off Cresswell Street - there is also the Nancy Smillie shop which has some interesting mirrors etc.

On Great Western Road, Galletly & Tubbs sell a mix of lighting, mirrors and accessories www.galletlytubbs.com - just across the road is Timorous Beasties who sell their own lampshades www.timorousbeasties.com

Happy shopping!

PS I found Edinburgh's the Crystal Chandelier Company amazing - but it is not a v. modern look I guess!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

In addition to the great post above, I have to add the Lighthouse giftshop on Mitchell Lane. It is very handy for the city center and they have a great selection of unusual things. Don't just stop at the giftshop on the ground floor - further up is a second one that sells different pieces, including some furniture.

In the Merchant City, there are various boutiques dotted around and if you have time to wander, I'd recommend it.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,200 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

If you live in Edinburgh it would be easy for you to come to Stirling.

There is a shop called The Globe which has unusual stuff, and in Bridge of Allan there is the Tree House which is a personal favourite. Across the road from this there is another shop called Collections I think, where I have often picked up unusual items.

Emelda

Paisley
Level Contributor
55 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

sorry for late reply amanda but another place to try foi lighting and art work is Pagazzi Lighting in Braehead shopping centre ( junction 26A off M8 if you have a car) or get a bus from Buchanan Street station to Braehead if you don't. For bits and bobs for a modern flat I can highly recommend Eigen in paisley too if you have a car and decide to try Braehead head into Paisley and into the town centre. Eigen is across from the museum and has some really unusual bits and pieces at decent prices however trust me on this one you will end up spending a fortune there because their stuff is so reasonably priced and fabulous you will find it hard to stop shopping in there :-)!

5. Re: Unique Glasgow shops; Household mirrors/lights/ art?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 11:22
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow
Recent Conversations