We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Film Festival

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
700 posts
220 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Film Festival

Once again the Glasgow Film Festival is in full swing and appears to be another great success, but I can't help feeling that Glasgow could shout more about the Festival and also make itself a great venue for more films to be made. I attended a showing of Comfort and Joy at the Mitchell Theatre last night and enjoyed seeing 80's Glasgow thoroughly and thought that more films could easily be based in the city. I can only think of Red Road being made here in recent years and truly believe the festival could be used to sell the city as a venue for film-makers.

Does anyone know of any other city locations that have been used for films?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Film Festival

Here are a few more: http://tinyurl.com/b4v9w5

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
2,146 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Film Festival

The film festival was great - and nice to see multiplexes like Cineworld taking part with a great selection of films, as well as the usual ones they show.

I happened to pick up a natty leaflet by the Glasgow film office promoting Glasgow as a location for films - their website does list a number - www.glasgowfilm.com/spotlight/films.asp though as thumbnail links rather than titles! - though the titles appear if you hover over them. There are more than I could have guessed!

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
700 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Film Festival

I agree. It was good to see the large cinemas getting involved in this too. We took in a whole mixture of stuff over the past 2 weeks from Awaydays at the Cineplex to Robin & Marion at the GFT!

Roll on next year for more of the same.

4. Re: Glasgow Film Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:18
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow