We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost property advice

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Topic
Lost property advice

So..... you leave your mobile phone in the back of a cab in the city and you can't remember which cab company it is *rolls eyes* . Whats the routine for lost property with Glasgow taxis. Yeah, long shot I know!

any advice gratefully appreciated.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,461 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost property advice

Have you tried ringing yourself?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
198 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost property advice

Was it a black cab or a private hire?

Might narrow it down a bit.

I know a number of people who have got them back from the likes of Glasgow TOA no problem.

Looks like a bit of phoning around for you sadly.

Hope you get it back

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost property advice

thanks for the advice, but the person concerned has tried all the more obvious routes to getting it back.

Cheers

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
168 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost property advice

Apparently ... (I was told this years ago) all taxi drivers who find lost property in their taxis should hand it in to the police. As far as I am aware this should be the local police station who will then pass it on to the city lost property centre which is in Pitt Street (0141 204 2626).

However... I have NEVER had any luck with this method ... so good luck!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost property advice

Eriskay, thanks. In fact I just signed in to say that the person concerned had been told about Pitt St Police Station Lost Property and also had no luck either.

Unfortunately they can't remember the name of the private hire cab they got after a Barrowlands gig on Wednesday night. If there is a cab driver out there from Hamilton who is apparently very nice and has a silver people carrier, please have a look and see if there is a plum sony ericsson phone floating around in the back. Yeah right.

Glad all I have is an old fashioned very basic mobile with no precious photos stored within. Who knew a lost mobile could cause such distress.

thanks again eriskay:)

6. Re: Lost property advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2009, 12:23
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow