We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

Hello.

My father and I are taking a week-long trip to Scotland this May. We're staying in Glasgow for the first night we're there. The next 2-3 nights we'd like to do some camping and hiking in the highlands and ending in Glasgow again. We're both pretty experienced outdoors people but want to take it easy this trip, so nothing too strenuous. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for some great hiking/camping scenery around Glasgow. We're definitely willing to bus an hour or two outside the city. Thanks!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,588 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

Bus or train - Glasgow is fairly close to vast scenic areas, withing 20-30 miles of its centre.

For ideas, do some searches on ....

"Arrochar Alps",

"Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park"

"Campsie Fells"

"West Highland Way" (95 mile trail - possible to do parts of it. Some of it follows a railway line.)

Loch Lomond is a great area, with train access to its southern and northern shores (different lines), as well as buses.

Enjoy

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186534-i211-k25…

Have a look at the above post, you may get osme further ideas there :)

enjoy!

Jen

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

The SPT daytripper ticket will take two adults as far north as Ardlui, South as Ballantrae and East as Biggar. www.spt.co.uk/tickets/daytripper.aspx

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
197 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

My husband and I did a 2 day/1 night hike in the highlands near Invermoriston. The company we used was

www.macguiding.co.uk

Extremely professional and a nice guy as well, we would thoroughly recommend you have a look at the website and get in contact with them. He can tailor a trip to suit you.

That 2 day hike in the highlands was the highlight of our 5 week trip to the UK, it was so beautiful.

Enjoy your holiday.

5. Re: Hiking/Camping out of Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 05:24
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow