We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting Cash

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
BROOKLYN, NY
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Getting Cash

Does anyone know if the ATMs are easily available at the Glasgow airport?? I will be arriving on a Sat. at 7:30 am. I do not know if I should exchange some money in the US before leaving to pay for transport to hotel or count on getting it at the airport in Glasgow.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,332 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting Cash

There are ATMs at Glasgow Airport, which are easily findable. However, I always like to be prepared for the worst (for example, ATMs not working - doesn't happen very often, but it does happen). To that end, you might want to either bring a small amount of pounds with you, or make sure you have say $100 cash which you can change at an airport Bureau de Change if caught in such a situation.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting Cash

Yes,there are several ATM's at the airport.Just ask any of the staff to point you in the right direction.

sunny glasgow
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting Cash

Hi, as the other replies say there are several ATM,s at Glasgow airport including as you exit baggage reclaim.They are all easy to get to.

I have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to use one even on a busy day.

Hope you have a good flight.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,578 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting Cash

Yes as others state you will have no problems getting cash, as for arriving at 0730, if you are on the flight I am thinking about, Continental from Newark, more nearer 0830, every morning on the radio traffic and travel report they say it will arrive in late.

Enjoy your stay.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting Cash

Further to this most places (not taxis of course) will accept card, although some don't take American Express. I've asked a taxi to stop at an atm for me many times on my way somewhere. However, as everyone has said, you'll find it easy to withdraw cash at Glasgow Airport.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
162 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting Cash

Hi,

Plenty of cash machines in the airport and very easy to find.

If you're planning on a taxi you've also go the option of paying for it by credit card, but any driver will stop at an atm for you anywhere along the route.

See here for details of paying for your taxi by credit card -

http://www.ga-taxis.co.uk/index.html

If you're getting a bus transfer to Glasgow you can buy tickets for the Glasgow Flyer in the airport before boarding the bus and use a card to pay here to. At international arrivals you can buy a ticket from the VisitScotland counter.

Whatever happens, you won't be stuck if you arrive with no cash.

Enjoy your visit!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting Cash

More and more taxis are accepting credit/debit cards these days. In addition to ATMs at Glasgow Airport there is also a bureau de change. Its a smallish airport and everything is easy to locate.

8. Re: Getting Cash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 November 2009, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow