We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xscape Ski Centre

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Xscape Ski Centre

Hello, can anyone please provide train/bus directions from Edinburgh to Xscape Ski Centre. I have done some research but am still confused. Thank you.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

I've not been there myself but you should get most of the info you need by googling "Xscape ski Glasgow". Then click on "How to find us" and scroll down to the "Bus" section where it tells you about the the First bus Airlink 747 which goes from Buchanan Street bus Station in central Glasgow and stops at the Braehead Shopping Centre where the ski centre is situated. To get to the centre of Glasgow from Edinburgh you should catch the Citylink 900 bus from St Andrew's Square bus station in the centre of Edinburgh. It will take you to Buchanan Street Bus station. This bus runs every 15 minutes for most of the day. I did note something on the ski centre website about it still being under construction so you might want to check on that before you make too many plans to visit it! Have fun!

Motherwell, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Hi there

If it helps you , its very close to RENFREW town centre , just a mile or so , or attached to braehead shopping centre .

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,067 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Yes,as above,get Citylink 900 to Buchanan Bus Station,then First 747 to Braehead.

There are one or two other buses you can take eg Mcgills to Kilmacolm or Dunoon.Ask at the desk.

Do not take the 55 which takes a slow roundabout route.

At Braehead get off at the bus station and walk right through the centre.Exit past Sainsbury,go past the petrol station and Xscape is in front of you.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,823 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Are you aware there's a big ski slope on the outskirts of Edinburgh, easily reached by Lothian bus?

Not snow, but has great views.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Fundriver, Caolila & Ken, thank you very much for your responses. Seems very easy to get to.

What would be the latest we could leave there on a Thursday night and arrive back to Edinburgh by bus. Thank you again.

Peterscot, thanks but we will be there in August and my son has been wanting to go Xscape Ski Centre for a while and we have not been able to fit it in, in our past visits. He is always thinking snow and I see they have freestyle on Thursday nights.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Not sure of travel time from Braehead to centre but I think the last 900 bus to Edinburgh is around 11 or 11:30. Check the Citylink website for the timetable.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Just found a timetable in my house. Last bus from Buchanan Street to Edinburgh is midnight.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Buses are every half hour from Braehead, last bus at 10.45pm

http://tinyurl.com/rdq4cm

for timetable

The journey planner at

http://www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do

is good for working these sort of journeys out.

Boston
Level Contributor
923 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

Thank you for the link. Great info.

10. Re: Xscape Ski Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2009, 05:35