We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative Methods of Transport

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Alternative Methods of Transport

I am looking for alternative methods of transport from using a Taxi to travel from Glasgow Queen Street Station to Hotel du Vin & Bistro. I am not expecting buses to stop outside the door I have two legs but it’s too far to walk from Central Glasgow.

I appreciate your expertise I don’t want to break my New Years Resolution of relying on Taxis.

Thank you in advance!

Bournemouth, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

You could try the underground from Buchannan Stn (next door to Queen St) to Hillhead and then walk, although it is maybe still a bit far.

Otherwise you may be surprised, quite a few buses go up Great Western Rd which is where the hotel is so you might get one stopping at the door! Check out www.firstgroup.com I think routes 20 and 66 go that way.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,635 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

Yes,First Glasgow 20 and 66 would seem to fit the bill.You can get them from St Vincent Pl which is just the other side of George Sq from the station.

They go along Great Western Rd,right past the hotel.

UK
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

Two public transport options:

Get the train to Hyndland Station and take the exit for the Gartnavel hospitals. From there you can walk to Great Western Road and Hotel du Vin is down to the right - about a 15 minute walk in all from the station.

The other option is to get the bus No. 20 or No. 66 from the city centre. Both buses go down Great Western Road past Hyndland.

Enjoy!

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
108 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

I can confirm that there are three buses that stop right outside the end of the hotel (comprised of five townhouses, the bus stop is right after the last one, with the reception right in the middle of the row): the 66, the 20, and 118. These are frequent, especially so during the day.

scotland
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

How about a rickshaw ?

search freewheelnorth.org.uk/

6. Re: Alternative Methods of Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 December 2009, 05:32
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow