We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Stirling, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

The newly opened "trendy, iconic and funky" Hummingbird was an absolute sham ... spoiled what was otherwise a fantastic Hen Night for my good friend. Took 45 mins to bring "pre-ordered" wine, and then a further 20 minutes to bring the very dirty lipstick ridden glasses. Nearly 2 hours after arriving our "starters" arrived..burnt, dry and not all at once. Our opinion of the place rapidly decressing per second. Our waiter looked like he'd just been on a stoners round the blockbender and had the attitude of a sloath. So when finally at 10pm, after complaining to an average 6 staff a few of our main courses arrive, steaks cooked NOT to order, 1 x prawn just not cooked at all and alas a lovely chicken dish ..raw !! Im sure the pregnant recipient of this was over-joyed! A few of our table just didnt receive dinner at all !! The "management" as he was know turned out not to be management as he/she had already walked out prior to the weekend ..great ! We up'd and left...paying a minimal amount for our wine and rank starters .. they're attitude to this was to treaten us with the Police... wonder which management course he was sent on, same one as our delightful waiter no doubt - "lesson one in customer care ...mutter "f@ck sake" under your breath when someone asks for their steak to be re-cooked" . In all, nice looking place with a stinking terrible attitude. We didnt make it up to the club, so cant comment on that ... If you have any pride in which millionaires pocket you line this year with your hard heard cash.. dont give it to this one.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Loulou, Have you submitted this review to the review section?

Sorry you had a bad time. Where did you end up instead?

PS is this the place:

www.list.co.uk/place/24761-hummingbird/

Glasgow
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Definitely complain to them - sounds horrific.

Email:Hummingbird@g1group.com

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

lou lou, that sounds horrible :( its a shame that places like this have the power to ruin someone's special night :( i would def follow the advice above!!

JABUCHAN
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Well Done Lou.............I couldn't have summed it up better myself.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Based on your review, I would thinking of reporting the restaurant to Glasgow City Environmental Services. If it's supplying raw chicken meat it's actually dangerous.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Has anyone else eaten there? Its always nice to get some comments from regulars to balance the thread if you know what I mean. Not just single post members.

JABUCHAN
Level Contributor
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Hi Everyone,

I was with Lou on Saturday night and I support all points made. I would also like to add that I was chatting to the security during the fiasco and they were not suprised. I would also like to provide the following link................... which supports Lous review.

www.5pm.co.uk/Browse/Restaurant/default.aspx…

East Midlands
Destination Expert
for Northamptonshire
Level Contributor
2,850 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

Looks like this place has good nights and bad nights.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
5 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

This is not a one off hen night disaster due to the incompetence of Hummingbird staff. I also know of 2 other hen night parties who have been appalled by the service or food in this place. Just wish I'd found out sooner before we turned up at the weekend for a supposedly fab night out. The manager e-mailed me personally on Monday to say a booking for our party of 36 should never have been taken in the first place as the place just isn't suitable for large parties. They still made us pay most of the bill despite the fact we left before deserts, the starters were below average and the mains were appauling. My friend sent her steak back 3 times as it was undercooked but the raw prawns and chicken took the biscuit. The veg green curry tasted of air-freshner. Pretty poor for the G1 group's new baby! We have all been used as part of their opening up training exercise at our expense and misfortune! Go here at your own risk. Humming bird more like HUMMING.!

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,984 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hummingbird Glasgow - how to spoil fab night in 1 easy step

One thing guaranteed to upset me is restaurants that provide tables when they know that they are not equipped to serve them within a reasonable time. If there is going to be delay then customers should be warned about this when they arrive.

Any restaurant that lacks service to this extent should lose its licence. There is too much stress on hygiene in restaurants, which is not a bad thing, but they should also be obliged to provide a level of service as well as cleanliness.

Get answers to your questions about Glasgow