We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Indian restaurant

Cairo, Egypt
Level Contributor
210 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Best Indian restaurant

Any suggestions for a good Indian restaurant and Chinese Restaurant in Glasgow or Paisley with open buffet.

Will be there in July.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
51 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Best Indian restaurant

Sorry, website for the Amber Regent is

http://www.amberregent.com/

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
344 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best Indian restaurant

The Polo Club! Was only in Glasgow for a week last time I was over but I went there twice!

http://killermontpoloclub.com/index.htm

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,209 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best Indian restaurant

I would certainly back up the support for Balbir's. The restaurant is relatively handy if you are thinking of visiting the museums (Kelvingrove and Transport) and I would estimate a 10 minute walk from each.

glasgow
2 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Best Indian restaurant

With out a shadow of a doubt ive got to say Assams's at 51 West Regent Street. they just recently opened and ive got to say the food is absaloutley fantastic. ive been to mother india, balbirs, dhaba and there all good but I feel Assams Tips it,

Glasgow
Level Contributor
125 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Best Indian restaurant

If you want top quality and don't mind basic service and surroundings then you should go to The Village in Tradeston. This is, without doubt, one of the best curry houses in Glasgow.

My favourite in the city centre is Dhabba. This has been mentioned before and is a top quality restaurant. Ask your waiter to recommend your meal. We did this recently- we were told that as we did not pick the dish we would not have to pay for it as we did not choose it. We did of course pay for all the dishes as they were so good.

Preston, Lancs
Level Contributor
31 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Best Indian restaurant

We were 1st time visitors to Glasgow this weekend and found ourselves in the West End. We ate at Indian Orchard on Dumbarton Rd. Typical small indian restaurant, not much to look at, but food fab! We had poppadoms to start with "spicy" tomato and onion and WOW! Good but very spicy! Hubby had garlic and chilli chicken for main which was very hot and I had mixed meat bhoona, very tasty and tender meat, as opposed to hot spicy, recommended. With a large garlic nann, chips and rice and a jug of beer, the bill was a very reasonable £28 ish. Just watch out though, the menu doesnt say how hot each dish will be!

17. Re: Best Indian restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 February 2010, 06:19