We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Take That

dunfermline
Level Contributor
186 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Take That

not long till Take That, cant wait, we are staying at Park Inn which I know is over from buchanan bus staion when the concert finishes we shall make our way back into the centre of Glasgow when we get off the train at central station where will we go for drinks, where is merchant sqaure from there, think it might be best place for us will it? seems lively (although dont want it to lively)and popular place to go.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,796 posts
297 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Take That

Try downloading the excellent tourist map on the link below:

http://www.glasgowguide.co.uk/maps.html

I'm not terribly familiar with Merchant City, but you won't have to search far for a good selection of pubs.

Ipswich, United...
Level Contributor
360 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Take That

Sounds like a fantastic show:

sunderlandecho.com/news/That39s-entertainmen…

John

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Take That

On a walk from central to the park inn you'll pass many a pub. If the renfield street pubs are too busy, venture a block or 2 to the right and you'll come across more. Ad lib is a good wee bar, it's just to the left of central station on hope st (just at the main bus stops)

I'd say Merchant square was an unnecessary diversion away from your hotel, as there's bound to be something that fits the bill nearer by.

If you did want to visit Merchant sq - have a look on a map. From the station main exit turn right, cross Union st and walk along Gordon St, cross Buchanan St by Borders (The social is a lively bar on the right here) carry straight on to Ingram street and Candelriggs is about 6/7 streets on the right. Merchant sq is along on the rhs.

Washington DC
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Take That

Hi, I am coming from the US to see Take That and have to pick up my tickets at Hampden. Then I was told Hampden didn't have a box office. Does anyone know where to pick up tickets??

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Take That

Collections from the main entrance at the South Stand, near the entrance to the Scottish Football Museum, from 2 hours prior to kick off. Customers MUST take their confirmation number and credit card used for the booking

The above, from the ticketweb site, is obviously regarding a football match ticket collection but may well apply for the concert.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Take That

A few like minded Thatters, meeting up at Guys, Merchant City, dinner or drink, 4pm - 6pm.

E.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
2,193 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Take That

Tomorrow - Friday.

8. Re: Take That

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2009, 05:33