We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

Hi- I know a few people have been posting messages re the Take That concert. Trying to decide the best way to get back to our hotel (Campanile) as we will have two 10 year old girls with us so it will be a late night for them. My husband and my friend and her mum are going so there will be 6 of us.

I've been on walkit.com and have worked out a route (hope we don't get lost!) if we decide to walk back as I've heard the queues at Mount Florida train station can be a nightmare.

Any advice you can give e.g. do we walk, bus it or wait for train would be much appreciated. Did think about leaving just before the end but we don't really want to miss any of the concert!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
191 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

I would start walking, it can be chaotic at Hampden. I've walked a number of times. After not too long, the crowds start to thin, the traffic eases and you'll be sure to see a centre bound bus before you hit the centre or a taxi(although only the rarer larger taxi will fit you all) .

I'd be surprised if you had to walk the whole way & I'm sure the 10 year olds will still be enjoying the post gig buzz and it will all be part of the adventure (fingers crossed!)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

Hi, the buses that go into the city are as follows

Another altenative is to still get the train only board it at Kings Park which is the station before Mt Florida, that way you are already on it before it reaches Mt Florida.

Kings Park is about half the distance again on foot and is quite easy to get to.

As you come out Hampden in front of the Main Stand head off to the left towards Aitkenhead Rd and turn right you are now walking away from the City Centre, after about 6 streets you turn left into Kings Park Ave, the station is approx 600yds on the right.

If you visit the Hampden website it shows you a google map showing the street names and the stations, mind you I don't know how many others may have the same idea but it is something to think about.

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

First Glasgow are offering a £2 return ticket on all their services to Hampden if you show your Take That ticket

to the driver.

Details available at firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/swscot/offers/…

Forres, Scotland
Level Contributor
460 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

Many thanks for all the replies. Has given us plenty of ideas on how to get back.

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

well done smithstone! great bargain :) thanx

6. Re: Getting back from Hampden- Take That concert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 December 2009, 05:41