We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Scotland

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First time in Scotland

Our family will be spending 2 weeks in Scotland, 1 week in Edinburgh and another near Glasgow.

Would appreciate any tips and advice to make our stay memorable.

Some background info - we will have a car during our Glasgow stay and we are a party of 4, 2 adults, a 24 year old and an 11 year old.

Have heard that it is a good idea to get an Explorers Pass or something similar, as you have discounts when visiting monuments and tourist places. Please advice.

Have in mind visiting Edinburgh Castle and surrounding areas, St. Andrews, an interesting distillery, Culzean Castle, perhaps Stirling and an isle ?

Any tips for the 11 year old ?

Any feedback will be most appreciated.

Many thanks and regards from Spain

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
67 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First time in Scotland

Thank you all soooo much for all the suggestions given. These forums are so rich with ideas that I thank you all once again for making the effort.

During the following days I'll be busy visiting all the links and web pages suggested.

MUCHAS GRACIAS

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: First time in Scotland

hey dippy

thanx for the back up on millport, its not everyone's cup of tea but i lived there when i was younger and my family have been visiting since the 50's! :) Its not everyone's cup of tea but if the weather's right the cycling is good, followed by a knickerbocker glory from the Ritz cafe, can't beat it!!! :)

enjoy your weeks off, hope the weather keeps up for you!!!

Marfer - the loch lomond festival sounds great, glad that we have all been able to help :)

sunny glasgow
Level Contributor
309 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: First time in Scotland

I don't really care how sad this is but " THREE CHEERS FOR MILLPORT"

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: First time in Scotland

a loud CHEER from me!!! :)

15. Re: First time in Scotland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2009, 05:18