We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
zagreb
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

an you recommend me some restaurants in Glasgow which lunch menu is around 5 gbp, and evening menu is also relatively cheap?

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,588 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

The Horseshoe Bar in Drury Street. Famous for its cheap, good food,and having the longest bar!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,579 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

Hi David,

There are several Chinese "eat all you can" buffet restuarants for usually £5.95 at lunch time, one that springs to mind is King's Lodge located in Union St at the side entrance to Central Station. There are also countless other restuarants that do a "business lunch" usually 2 courses from a set menu for around £5. In the evening there are also countless "pre theatre" options although you will be hard pushed to get one of these for under £6.95. Just look for the "A" Boards outside most pubs and restuarants advertising these deals

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

i like the New City Palace chinese restaurant on Sauchiehall Street. 3 courses for £4.95 i think. Also Bread & Butter down a wee lane on Buchanan Street, main meal & drink for £5.

Caroline

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

Freshly battered fish and chips, plus bread and butter and a pot of tea at Chippie Doon the Lane - literally down a narrow lane off Buchanan Street and up the stairs at the end of it:

http://www.thechippyglasgow.com/

The Counting House Pub in George Square (possible still behind scaffolding). Cheap but excellent real ales, and very cheap pub meals:

www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/pubs/pub-details.php…

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

Forgot to add the price for that meal at the Chippy Doon the Lane is just 5.95 including tea or coffee.

Cambuslang, Scotland
Level Contributor
35 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

I'd recommend Cafe Prima at 3 Trongate for a delicious and cheap lunch. They serve soup, sandwiches, pizza and baked potatoes. It's very clean too. However, I think it closes early evening, so probably not suitable for dinner.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
87 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

SoHo on Miller Street (just off George Square) do a great 2 course lunch for £5.95, Italian menu.

Enjoy!

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

So David, have any of these answers on the various forums been of any use to you, or should we go back to the drawing board?

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

A three course lunch in Strathclyde Uni's Lord Todd will cost under a fiver. http://www.strath.ac.uk/maps/thelordtodd/ . Open 12-2pm Mon-Fri but phone ahead as it can be closed some days for conferences.

ayr,scotland
Level Contributor
362 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restaurants in glasgow - lunch 5 gbp

I understand that David may be on his travels or actually be here. Not sure of his route or if he has access to the web.

Get answers to your questions about Glasgow