We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

FAO the experts

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
FAO the experts

Hi boys and girls

Last year you gave me some recommendations for exploring the west end for the first time (the forums now been closed due to 6 months inactivity!). I've only just managed to get the time to explore and just thought I'd report back!

Subway journey from Buchanan St to Hillhead so easy and cheap - why haven't I used the subway before? Despite being October the day was gorgeous with bright sunshine and clear blue skies so I went to the botanical gardens first. Kibble Palace was stunning, and the other glasshouses interesting too. I walked for a while by the river, then back down Byres Road, visiting the Hillhead parish church (the one down Observatory Road) - the workmen were in but I imagine it's stunning normally. I window shopped my way down Byres Road, Aston Lane etc and onto the memorial chapel at the uni where I was fortunate enough to hear a student on the organ. I managed a little refreshment sitting outside a bar before going back on the subway.

Thoroughly enjoyed my day - thanks for all the advice!

Mentioned in this post
October
October
658 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: FAO the experts

thanks for your recap, sounds like you had a lovely day! I personally think that Glasgow is at its best on the cold crisp clear days :)

Glad you had such a lovely time :)

Jen

Mentioned in this post
Glasgow
Glasgow
Scotland, UK
2. Re: FAO the experts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 April 2010, 05:16