We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plane transfers at Amsterdam

Louisiana
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Plane transfers at Amsterdam

My teen daughter and friends will travel to Prague this summer to visit another friend. My question is. How are flight tranfers handeled in Amsterdam? Will they have to clear customs there?The flight we are looking at will have a layover of only 1.5 hours. Is this enough time? Or should we look for another flight? 3 teens traveling.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Plane transfers at Amsterdam

This is the Glasgow forum. Ask in the air travel or the Amsterdam forums.

Dont forget when considering if any given time is enough, to allow for the fact that the incoming plane may be late. 1.5 hours at pretty much any airport is obviously cutting it fine and very little if any for delays.

Also consider the implications of missing a flight. What happens then? Are they on a single ticket, so the airline picks up the tab, or doing it cheaply on separate tickets, when a miss turns out to be very expensive? First case, you can obviously cut it closer than second.

Windsor, Ontario...
Level Contributor
396 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Plane transfers at Amsterdam

I took this same trip in Sept 2009 and it wasn't a problem. Off the top of my head I can't remember the wait time I had between flights, but it wasn't very long either. Amsterdam airport is very easy to navigate, and as long as they avoid the temptation to start shopping at the great shops, they'll be just fine. They will have to clear customs in Amsterdam before heading off for their flight to Prague, but again, the process doesn't take much time. Of course, this was before the most recent events :)

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Plane transfers at Amsterdam

Perhaps a more authoritative answer could be found on the Amsterdam forum

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g188590-i60-Amst…

4. Re: Plane transfers at Amsterdam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2010, 05:19