We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car parking at Glasgow Airport

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
3 posts
Save Topic
Car parking at Glasgow Airport

Got stuck on holiday in Turkey during recent volcano eruption problems and due to this car was parked at ParkSafe Limited, Burnbrae Drive, Paisley , PA3 3BU for an extra 6 days.

We arrived home and after a 6 hour bus journey to Glasgow from Manchester airport we went to get our car at around 1am.

There was a long queue of cars waiting to get out because ParkSafe decided to charge everyone the extra money ( we got charged £18) and it took ages to get out of the car park.( which was my main gripe!!) I complained but got no response.

Suggest you use a different car park at Glasgow when going on holiday or check what charges will be made if you are delayed.

Thomas Cook did look after us well but Parksafe were totally unsympathetic to us. Never use this company!!!

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,370 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

I think most car park companies were the same. Can you claim on your travel insurance?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,167 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

Yeah I suggest that the next time there is a cataclysmic volcanic eruption which grounds thousands of flights throughout European airspace followed by a cataclysmic mishandling of the situation by the CAA and Eurocontrol that getting out of the car park at Glasgow airport would be the least of my worries.

Did you expect the car park to let you park there for 6 extra days for free?

£18 seems fairly reasonable. I would imagine that at 1 am they would not be fully staffed even if the airport was open and as thegoodwitch said probably all other parking companies would be the same. I assume that there would be people on the same coach as you with cars there. I doubt if Parksafe were forewarned that this and other coaches would be arriving in the middle of the night.

I think you are being pretty harsh on this particular company in extraordinary circumstances.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,768 posts
291 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

BAA car parks waived the fees for passengers stranded abroad as did Airparks and a few others, though they obviously didn't have to and lost a lot of money. On balance what you were charged doesnt seem that bad. Maybe as a goodwill gesture they should give people credit against their next stay at the carpark.

UK
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

My gripe was not the £18 charge , if you read my leter , but the slow , laid back attitude of the car park staff in getting us out of the car park.

rgds

R

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,191 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

As already mentioned by Purpleceltic, I used Airparks at the time the whole thing kicked off on 15th April. Although only delayed by a couple of days, Airparks did not charge me for the extra days although I fully expected them to. While I tend to use them on a regular basis anyway, this will certainly encourage me to stay with them (especially when I see that other companies did charge extra).

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

£3 a day?? Seems a bargain!

As Ronaldoc says, a small delay at a car park seems miniscule compared to spending days trying to get home.

Sorry you feel so upset that you feel the need to post your experience, but it won't put me off using them....

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

BAA at Aberdeen airport only charged passengers the parking charges for the period for which they had originally booked. Many were stranded abroad or on North Sea Installations when fixed wing and helicopters were grounded but BAA did not charge them for the resulting extra days of car parking. BAA might not be the cheapest option but at least they did not impose extra charges as a result of unforseen events.

8. Re: Car parking at Glasgow Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow