We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The new Grand Central Hotel

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,775 posts
292 reviews
Save Topic
The new Grand Central Hotel

Looking forward to checking it out when it opens later this year, maybe even have a wee stay. It sounds impressive, and what a useful location:

http://www.thegrandcentralhotel.com/

principal-hayley.com/venues-and-hotels/grand…

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Can anyone suggest a hotel near Central Station? Well yes this one.

Looks great PC. Seems they have done a fantastic job.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,679 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Any hotel that has had as guests JFK, Winston Churchill, not to mention Roy Rogers and Trigger, must be well worth visiting.

Looks good!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Very nice but judging by the photos of the progress of work I doubt it will open on the 1st of September.

180 bedrooms? it seems it will be aimed more at the banqueting and conference market, i'm just glad we will get our overspill taxi rank back as it is a pain at the moment.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,775 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Madscot, has the hotel development got anything to do with the curtailment of parking at the station?

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

PC, the rank is on Gordon St but when it is full it continues down the hotel side of Hope St and there is a CCTV monitor that lets you see the rank status and allows the next cab to move up and turn round into Gordon St.

During the renovations there has been a 40foot walk in skip sitting there 24/7 and coupled with the dust from the site it is hard to see it,

Put it this way try going to the bottom of your garden and looking at your 20 inch TV from there, you will get the picture ! or not as in this case?

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,761 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

PC

I understand the public parking inside the station has gone due to the building of two new platforms.

This was a part of the airport link which actually went ahead.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Athough the Airport Link has been scrapped at the moment they could still do with extra platform space anyway, the line to Paisley is being upgraded to handle 3 lines as they have erected new masts and reworked the road bridge over Hillington Road to suit.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

The loss of the parking is a real pain, particularly when collecting or dropping off disabled relatives, as I had to do over Xmas.

Not sure what you are supposed to do now actually.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,899 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

Good point about the disabled access, Gordon St is the only ramped access now that has room for pick up parking, it's a case of have someone collect the wheelchair bound person and another to go and get the car.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
539 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The new Grand Central Hotel

And how impractical is that at times!?

I must admit that I stopped at the taxi rank in Hope Street, no taxis there at the time, and that entrance is ramped so it was okay, but the whole thing is less than ideal.