We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good breakfast

bangor northern...
Level Contributor
181 posts
Save Topic
good breakfast

going to glasgow this weekend and looking for a good breakfast in the city centre. many thanks in advance.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good breakfast

If you're looking for something akin to an Ulster Fly, then you could try the University Cafe at 87 Byres Road. It's an extraordinary place - like being transported back sixty years or more. It's located in the West End of Glasgow, a short walk from Hillhead Subway station.

Kiev, Ukraine
Level Contributor
187 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: good breakfast

Wetherspoon pubs, of which there are a number in the city centre do a fry up (as well as other breakfasts)

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,002 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good breakfast

In reply 1, I should of course written Ulster FRY! Apologies for this particularly unfortunate typo!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good breakfast

No really Matthew I think your were right the first time. An Ulster Fly at the University Cafe has a certain ring to it:-) That place has a certain faded charm. In the west end we've had some lovely breakfasts including eggs benedict with homemade hollandaise at Cafezique.

In the city centre you'll be spoiled for choice too, but if you fancy something special then Cranachan at Princes Square offers a nice breakfast menu which includes their full breakfast for just under seven quid, or scrambled egg with smoked salmon which is a bit cheaper.

www.princessquare.co.uk/standard.asp?p=1520

Cambuslang, Scotland
Level Contributor
57 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good breakfast

I'd recommend Tiffany's on Glassford Street, just next to the side entrance of the Argyle Street M&S. The prices are unbeatable and the service is great. I visit regularly and the food is always prepared to a high standard. If all the tables are taken, you just have to wait a few minutes for one to become available, but it shouldn't be too busy in the morning.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good breakfast

does the horseshoe bar do breakfast?

i used to love their food when i was studying in the centre

Loch Lomond and The...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: good breakfast

Yes, The Horseshoe does a decent brekkie at a decent price.

Ahhh and their no nonsense 3 course lunch for just over 3 quid.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,637 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: good breakfast

i love their lunches LOL

only problem is getting a buggy up those stairs - cos i was thinking of going there today - and changed my mind

Loch Lomond and The...
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: good breakfast

Aye, the stairs are something else lol. I will pop in for lunch midweek. Canny whack it

10. Re: good breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2011, 05:16