We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Hogmanay Ideas

Glasgow
Level Contributor
63 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Hogmanay Ideas

Hi,

Spending hogmanay, just me and my boyfriend (25 & 27) in Glasgow and looking for somewhere thats got amazing food but lively.

Does anyone have any suggestions.

Not too bothered about prices, but def has to be in Glasgow.

We went to Citation last year, had a v posh 7 course, but there was no atmosphere.

Thanks x

glasgow
Level Contributor
406 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Hogmanay Ideas

hey

i love Grill on the Corner or Dragon I? Both are lovely restaurants, grill will be more lively but Dragon to great food, or have a look at the new look corinthian, see what they have on offer?

Enjoy!

Glasgow
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Hogmanay Ideas

We're going to try the Grand Central hotel. We've not been before but it's meant to be gorgeous.

2010 was the year of the Grand Central Hotel! Come and join us in celebrating our first Hogmanay in the Grand Ballroom of Glasgow. Your evening will start with a champagne reception followed by a sumptious 4-course meal. Our entertainment will have you heading to the dance floor and "swinging from the chandeliers" so make sure you have your dancing shoes on!! Get ready for the "Bells" as a Lone Piper brings in the New Year. Dancing will continue until the early hours and before the evening ends join us in the lounge for a bacon buttie and a bru!

Menu:

Glass of fizz on arrival

Cream of chicken and chestnut soup

Haggis, neeps and tatties with Drambuie sauce

Roast prime sirloin of beef with a rich Burgundy sauce, creamed horseradish mash and roasted root vegetables.

An assiette of Scottish desserts

Filter coffee with chocolates

7pm until 1.30am

3. Re: Glasgow Hogmanay Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2011, 07:29
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow