We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do with two boys?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
843 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
What to do with two boys?

Staying at the Menzies in Glasgow next Thursday for the night have two boys aged 13 and 3 years. Open to suggestions of what we can do with them. Already done peoples palace, Scotland Street School, Kelvingrove Art Gallery. Haven't done Transport Museum for a couple of years youngest wouldn't remember that.

Any ideas?

Also any pubs have live brass/jazz music in the evening?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,851 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do with two boys?

The Transport Museum shut it's doors this spring ahead of the new one opening next year (I think). What about the science museum. They might enjoy the hands-on aspect of it, though I haven't been myself.

http://www.gsc.org.uk/

Scotand, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do with two boys?

Cineworld cinema? Scottish Football Museum (at Hampden), Ibrox tour? (or celtic tour?) open top bus tour?

scotland
Level Contributor
83 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do with two boys?

I would also suggest the Science Centre. If you are more active how about a trip to Xscape for a skiing or snowboarding lessons? Or just good old sledging?! It also has crazy golf / bowling / cinema / football school / rockclimbing etc http://www.xscape.co.uk/braehead

Or for a cheaper alternative - a walk around the Catherdral / Necorpolis area would nice. Also Glasgow Green is a good place soo - can visit the peoples palace, their a fantastic park for the younger one and the West Brewery usual has some kind of entertainment for children and adults on a Sunday afternoon.

Essex
Level Contributor
28,173 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do with two boys?

Ha ha at me!! When I saw your thread title, I thought 'find them two girls'!! But I see from your post that that is not exactly age appropriate!! ;-D

Dunoon, United...
Level Contributor
411 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do with two boys?

You could try one of the Treasure Trails available in Glasgow. I think there are 3 different ones available at the Tourist Info Centre in George Square. The oldest would enjoy solving the clues, while the youngest would enjoy helping I'm sure!

6. Re: What to do with two boys?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2011, 07:26
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow