We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottish Wedding Venue

london
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Scottish Wedding Venue

My partner and I are a looking to get married in 2012 in the Autumn. I am starting to have a look at venues as our budget is pretty small but we would still like something beautiful..Ideally it should be in the countryside near Stirling but I would be open to suggestions. We will probably have around 100 guests. I was looking at Castles but I've seen the House for an Art Lover from an earlier 2006 posting which looks very nice. It would be great if we could source our own wine and entertainment to save money and make it more personal. I would love to hear your suggestions.

Thank you

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,037 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

Hi, House for an Art Lover is in Bellahouston Park in Glasgow.

Getting a Castle on a budget is not going to be easy espescially as they will insist you take their food and drink packages, to give you an example my niece got married 2 years ago at Glen Skirlie Castle just outside Glasgow and the meal and toast drinks alone was £70 per head.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
494 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

I'm not sure if this would be big enough but we got married at Ross Priory on the banks of loch lomond (www.strath.ac.uk/rescat/rosspriory/weddings/).

The web site isn't the best, but google images for 'Ross Priory Weddings' and you will see how beautiful it is.

3. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 December 2010, 22:35
East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St Andrews
Level Contributor
9,742 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

www.georgegoldsmith.com

This website has some fab properties which I think can offer catering if you want.

What about the Roman Camp Hotel in Callender?

Woody x

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

I'm from Stirling and can’t think of any large venue that would allow you to bring your own. How many people do you want to attend the wedding? That of course would have a great bearing on the location/property. If you want to make it a fairly small affair then you can rent out Plane Castle aboutscotland.co.uk/stirling/planecastlewedd… which I have actually been inside when friends rented it for the weekend once and it was pretty cool. You would probably be able to provide your own catering etc. there.

My sister got married at Glenbervie house http://www.glenberviehousehotel.com/ which was fantastic but possibly way outside your budget.

What about renting a country house? The Landmark trust overseas and rents Gargunnock house for £2,355 per 3 days. That sounds a lot but it also sleeps 16 for three nights so if you divide up 8 hotel rooms x 3 nights at around 65 quid per night (1560GBP to save you working it out) then it actually becomes economical. I can't see if they allow weddings there or not though, perhaps if you called them. You should be able to put up a marquee in the large grounds if they let you.

They also run the Pineapple near Airth. http://www.landmarktrust.org.uk/

Other possibilities might be-:

http://www.broomhallcastle.co.uk/

Ot this website might give you some idea

http://www.highlandcountryweddings.co.uk/

You can actually get married in the Great Hall in Stirling castle but again that will be mega bucks.

I hope you find somewhere but I think your criteria might have to change. Great views, great venues and great weddings don’t come cheap. My daughter is getting married early 2011 at the Piping Centre in Glasgow which was not too expensive.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
992 posts
350 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

Have you thought about getting married in church? There are a lot of attractive churches in and around Stirling.

If you prefer a non-religious wedding ceremony, you should look at the website of Stirling Council for information about civil ceremonies. See www.stirling.gov.uk

Under the terms of the Marriage (Scotland) Act 1977 you must apply for a "Marriage Schedule" from the Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages in the area where you wish to get married. This must done no later than 15 days before the ceremony and applies to both religious and non-religious ceremonies.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
223 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

Just a wee bit further away from Stirling City Centre...is culcreuch-castle-hotel.com/scotland-hotel.ht…

Fantastic grounds and should be able to accomodate easily 100. Don't think you will be able to cater it yourself though........

Keep in mind you can get married anywhere in Scotland...so if you want to get married on the shores of Loch Lomond..you can..then hire somewhere close......just an idea

If you want a wedding venue Dresser i'll be able to help you with that. WIfes pal's company does it....drop me a pm and i'll give you the details if interested.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,989 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

You are going to have to comment on what has been said so far. What is your budget per person for example?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,858 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

Maybe the wedding's off!!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,868 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Scottish Wedding Venue

Was the deleted post a response from the OP?