We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon tea

Scotland, UK
Level Contributor
76 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Afternoon tea

We are looking for somewhere really nice in or near Glasgow for a girly get-together over afternoon tea. Don't mind if it's a bit pricey as long as it is value for money, not being ripped off for a cup of Tetley and a curly cucumber sandwich! :)

Thank you in anticipation.

glasgow
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Afternoon tea

Had afternoon tea today at The Butterfly And the Pig Tea Rooms. Recommend you opt for Cake and Coffee a la carte; hugely dissappointed having used gift voucher; stale bread; stale cakes; weren't offerred choice of scone, were given half a cherry scone; meanwhile the dessert table bulged with Patisserie which we didnt get a look at.

England
Level Contributor
601 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
32. Re: Afternoon tea

Someone mentioned the Blysthwood in this forum. I too want to do afternoon tea and I am actually staying at the Blysthwood for 4 nights. I spoke with the Restaurant Manager last week as I wanted to make reservations for several lunches dinner drinks etc and have looked at their afternoon tea and thought that this might be as good as any.

They seem to do Cream tea or A/T and the prices reflect the different. Our booking includes Breakfast and on 2 days we are having lunch where friends will join us. I thought that the Sunday which will be our final day might be the time to do it. Breakfast then A/T and probably just a light meal in the evening/ I had been going to do the Willow Tea rooms but the general view seems to be that it is not what it was.

A friend wants us to go Jamie Oliver or the Rogano for dinner Friday night. Any views on these?

I already had a forum on this but noticed this one tonight. Views would be appreciated

Level Contributor
643 posts
1 review
Save Reply
33. Re: Afternoon tea

"A friend wants us to go Jamie Oliver or the Rogano for dinner Friday night. Any views on these?"

Hugely different places.

Jamie's place has been described by a friend as a long wait in a bar (not at all unpleasant) followed by an average Italian meal.

Rogano is a Glasgow classic but some time since I last dined there although I have neighbours who go regularly and they still seem to like it.

England
Level Contributor
601 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Afternoon tea

Thanks for the information. I will have to go along with the majority decision

Sue

Glasgow, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
35. Re: Afternoon tea

I can highly recommend The Blythswood in Glasgow for afternoon tea. My friend and I went for my birthday for the champagne tea which was around £33 each. We were amazed to discover that we had a full cake stand each! It was just delicious and we made sure that we ate every bit of it even if it meant that we wouldn't want any dinner later on in the day :) If you try it I really hope you enjoy it but so far it's the one that we have found is the best value for money and quality. The surroundings are lovely and relaxing too so much so that you don't really want to leave.

Edited: 25 October 2011, 08:14
36. Re: Afternoon tea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2012, 05:15