We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loch Lomond

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
St. Croix
Level Contributor
93 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Loch Lomond

Can anyone suggest a place in the Loch Lomond area to spend a night that it night too far from the Glasgow Airport?

Balloch, United...
Level Contributor
701 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loch Lomond

Hi

I would suggest The Balloch House, here you will find pleasent accommodation in a lovely hotel with real atmosphere and at a reasonable rate.

The hotel is in Balloch wich is on the banks of Loch Lomond and has excellent access to Glasgow by both bus and train.

www.innkeeperslodge.com/lodgedetail.asp…

Grham

Scotland
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loch Lomond

Also Cameron house (bit expensive though)

or Duckbay Marina

or luss lodges

Depends on your budget.

I live in Loch Lomond 5 mins from these places so if you need any more information please let me know.

Herne Bay
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Loch Lomond

I was interested to see that 'Karen31' lives in Loch Lomond. I am trying to help my sister who wants to get married at Cameron house, but we are a bit dismayed by all the negative reports about this hotel.

Karen, is it really as bad as that or would you recommend it? Has anyone else stayed there? or had a wedding there?

Glasgow, Scotland
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Loch Lomond

Hello

My wife and I got married at Cameron House, albeit it was ten years ago, but we still go there regularly and have an overnight stay.

The hotel isn't perfect (is anywehre?) but on balance I think it is pretty good, and the setting is almost unbeatable.

I'll be very happy to answer any specific queries you have.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Loch Lomond

Cameron house wedding reception food is supposed to be pretty bad and the staff are supposed to be surly. Same can be said for lodge on loch lomond.

Duck Bay marina has an excellent reputation for weddings and is less expensive. It's also a hotel right on the loch. I love the manager lady there, very nice woman.

Balloch House is okay too.

You could also consider Buchanan Arms Hotel?

scotland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Loch Lomond

www.visit-balloch.com

Macduff, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loch Lomond

Ross priory is a beautful place for a wedding. Cameron house is in the middle of a total refurb. Really depends on what you are looking for and how many guests would be attending.

Give us a bit more info and we will do the searching. Have you thought about getting married at Dumbarton Castle and then have the reception at a nearby hotel. The Dumbuck hotel and it's sister the Abbotsford are good venues for a reception. Another beautiful venue is Kilmaronock House.

Have a look at the links below.hope this is of some help.

www.rescat.strath.ac.uk/priory_accom.html

undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/dumbarton/…

http://www.dumbuckhousehotel.com/

http://www.abbotsfordhotel.com/

aboutscotland.com/central/kilmaronockwedding…

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loch Lomond

If you want the wedding to be on Loch Lomondside you may want to have a look at The Cruin thecruin.com.active-ns.com/Weddings.asp.

They have a location that is right on the banks of the Loch and just as nice a setting as the Cameron House. They recently opened a new function suite where the wedding receptions are held,

Unfortunately I don't have any feed back on it yet. Perhaps someone else can help?

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loch Lomond

Getting back on topic, the Balloch house hotel was refurbished about five years ago. The "atmosphere" is all manufactured, including the "old" wooden ceiling beams, which were fitted at that time. It looks quite real but it ain't.

They have a reputation in this area for poor, pre-prepared micro-waved food, which occasionally is not thawed properly. One to be avoided IMHO.

Macduff, United...
Level Contributor
105 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loch Lomond

The food at the Cruin is second to none. They have specials on evey day and these depend on what is in season. They only use the best of ingredients,good fresh Scottish produce. Their Venison with Black Pudding in a blackberry jus is to die for.

I know the head chef Stuart very well and the resturant manager Scott is a treasure.