We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

Sadly I've never actually been on a "real" trip, let alone flown anywhere. Airports are currently a mystery to me, and I'd kind of like to have some ideas of what to do and where to go when I land in a foreign place. We are going to Scoltand for our first vacation! Ao we're flying into Glasgow airport and would really like to know how to get from there to Edinburgh. Is there a bus right at the airport that goes to Edinburgh? I've heard something about the train but obviously I'd have to find my way there from the airport by taxi? Any kind of direction would be helpful. I'm sure there are wonderful people at the airport that can help me with this problem but I'd like to get everything sorted in my head while I'm here at home.

Thanks so much!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,609 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

You either

1) take the bus to Buchanan Street Coach Station then City Link / Megabus coach to Edinburgh

2) take the bus to Queen Street station then FirstScotrail train to Edinburgh.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,403 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

It's an easy journey.

Get the 500 airport bus to Buchanan Bus Station in Glasgow and change to the Citylink service to Edinburgh.Both services are very frequent.

If you want to try the train,the airport bus has a stop at Queen St railway station which has frequent trains to Edinburgh.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

Thank you so much for your help! It puts my mind at ease that it's a fairly easy process!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

Are you staying in Glasgow at all? If not you could just fly to Edinburgh.

Peterborough, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

Unfortunately the airline we are booked with only flys into Glasgow. We do plan to spend a few days in Galsgow itself but it'll be at the end of our stay in Scotland so we're closer to the airport to fly out on a Sunday morning.

6. Re: Glasgow Airport to Edinburgh city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow