We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at House For An Art Lover

Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings at House For An Art Lover

I'm having my wedding here in June 2012 and I'd love to hear from absolutely everyone who had had their wedding here, who intends to have their wedding here or who has attended a wedding here.

I want to hear what you thought of the venue, the various rooms, the staff, the event co-ordinators, the prices...everything!

Tell us all about your day, would you do anything different? What ideas do you have? What advice can you give?

Did you decorate the venue? Did you decorate the Art Lovers Cafe downstairs?

The more information and ideas and feedback and discussions the better. I'm opening this forum in March 2011 but it will be kept open till way after my wedding in June next year. Feel free to post links to your photo albums too.

I'm really looking forward to hearing from you all. The more contributions, the better!

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

You will have seen my thread on this and the general consesus is positive, did you deal with James who seems to know his stuff.

My Daughter and her fiance seem to think the interior and the simplistic style of Rennie Mackintosh will do away with the need to decorate seat backs etc therefore saving on things like that.

Also an atrraction is it is a one stop solution with ceremony, reception and night function in the one place negating the need to hire extra cars and buses to ferry the guests from say a church to the venue, with this in mind we got one quote from a limo car company that gave a 25% discount as it was effectively a one way hire.

Glasgow, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

Hello,

I am getting married here next May - very excited!

I personally don’t think it needs much decorating as it is just beautiful as it is. Trying to decide what colours to have my bridesmaids in at the moment - thinking pink or navy would work with the music room best.

How many people will you be having? We are around 50. A little worried that it’s going to look a little empty for the evening reception in the art lovers cafe.

Thanks!

glasgow
Level Contributor
2,481 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

I attended a fancy black tie function, the whole room was decorated with White flowers, loads of candles and crystal and they had live piano music.. It was beautiful and very classy. The food was fabulous. White chocolate cheesecake to die for.

A fabulous venue for a wedding..

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

I attened a wedding there and the everything was amazing , the food , the service and the couple had a huminist service which was very moving

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

I've attended an evening reception for a wedding there and it was excellent; I've also heard various positive reviews from others who have attended functions there.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,373 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

Every time I have picked Wedding Guests up from here in the Cab I have got into the habit of asking them how they found it given my Daughter will be married here next year and not one has given it a bad review, every single person has raved about it and the food.

Erskine, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

I got married there seven years ago all went well without a hitch recommend it without hesitation

8. Re: Weddings at House For An Art Lover

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 18:17