We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sky lounge gla airport

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
sky lounge gla airport

Has anybody been in sky lounge recently is it the same as belfast only 2 alcoholic drinks allowed

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sky lounge gla airport

How many were you hoping for? Just curious. I'll probably be passing through there myself in May for the first time.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sky lounge gla airport

I would hope for more than 2 belfast was abit of rip off

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,836 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sky lounge gla airport

It's my understanding that it's a help yourself affair, though I wouldn't want to be on any plane with someone who had taken that a little too literally. There are plenty of snacks and soft drinks too.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,658 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sky lounge gla airport

These facilities are aimed more at the Businessman to allow them a bit of peace and qiute to work whilst waiting, you seriously don't think they are going to ply you with drink cheaply when they can fleece you in the airport bars outside.

I have only used this type of thing once in Puerto Plata (Dom Rep) where it truly was value for money in that this was the only place in the airport that was air conditioned, smoke free and comfy couches and you were given 4 tokens for drinks and unlimited sandwiches and crisps for $15

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sky lounge gla airport

Hi jimmyc_11

Have used the Sky lounge in Glasgow Airport twice in the past couple of years and found it good value for money.It is nice and quite plus help yourself for snacks crisps, cheese, crackers and the likes + tea ,coffee and soft drinks +help yourself to spirits whiskey, rum, vodka. gin, and you can have as much as you like and if they run out of anything just see the girl at the desk and she will get you what you want.As I have said be/4 good value for money.

Cheers

Jon-Pon

Paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sky lounge gla airport

I went ther last week and can second Jon pon's comments great relaxing start to the journey don't think it was the type of place to have a riotous party but certainly nice to start the journey having a few drinks and wee read of the papers in the safe knowledge that you aren't getting ripped off in the airport bars. there's no limit on the drinks you can have you pour them yourself but think as long as you behave yourself there is no problem and def well worth doing but make sure its the sky lounge you pick and not the servis Air one we went in there by mistake and are glad it wasn't there we were going the skylounge is far superior.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sky lounge gla airport

Used it twice in the last couple of years. Once on business. once going on holiday. No distinction between the two. just help youself. Plenty of comfy sofas and a good supply of newspapers and magazines. A nice place to relax if you have a couple of hours to wait.

Edmonton
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: sky lounge gla airport

What is the cost of the sky lounge and do you have to be flying a specific airline to take advantage of it?

GLASGOW
Level Contributor
214 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sky lounge gla airport

Hi Yammiegirl

The price was £17.50 P.P.when I last went and I think its just the same now and it does not matter which airline you travel with.

Cheers

Jon-Pon

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sky lounge gla airport

We're off to Turkey in May and thought of booking Servisair Lounge or Sky Lounge as a nice relaxing start to the holiday. Have never been to either and wondering if it's worth doing and which one is best.

JON-PON do you know if you can use Servisair as well as Sky regardless of who you are flying with?

Thanks