We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Hi, does anyone know, or work out which hotel this is referring to?

lastminute.com/trips/productDetailsInternal…

Planning on treating my girlfriend tomorrow night, but don't want to end up in a poor hotel. Thanks in advance, Andrew

Glasgow
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Looks like the Hilton to me.

Have a look at it's website and compare.

The only problem with the Hilton is it's rather odd location.You might need to use a taxi to and from.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Could be the new very good Blythswood hotel. Indoor pool is the clue for me. Not sure if Hilton also has one?

Paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Hi if it's the Glasgow Hilton then location wise it's not bad at all a short walk to the main attractions and about 15 min walk to Queen st station Glasgow central's even closer about 5 min walk. The Grosvenor hotel which is also part of th Hilton group is in the West End super location and only a short underground trip away from the two main train stations. If it's a 5 star and in central Glasgow i doubt you can go far wrong it could be one of many 5 star hotels in the centre and you could win a watch and get the hotel that was formerly the RAC club now called the Blythswood Square. Good luck hope she enjoys the surprise and Glasgow.

Edinburgh, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Thanks for the replies. I think i will opt for a club room in the hotel du vin for £115. Going through quidco gets an additional 5% off this also. Any views on this decision? It seems to be rated very highly, and we stayed at the blythswood square last month when in Glasgow for Jimmy Carr.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,883 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

I was thinking the Hilton as well especially with the descriptions of the restaurants......relaxed buffet style (Minskys) and the more formal Camerons (which we really like).

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands
Level Contributor
18,883 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

p.s. and looking at the description again The Hilton also has an Executive Lounge for those staying in Executive Rooms (we bumped in to Billy Connolly there once but that's another story, quite a funny one though :-) lol)

Paisley
Level Contributor
54 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

Don't think you will regret Hotel du Vin and you are very handy for Byres Road, Ashton Lane (turn right as you leave hotel and turn right at the church now called Oran Mhor or even better make a pit stop there for a drink) where there are many bars restaurants and even a really nice cinema where you catch watch a film from the comfort of a sofa with a drink in hand very civilised ;-) You really cant beat the West End great vibe and great atmosphere due to large student population and if Hotel du Vin is good enough for Kylie, Simon Cowell et al I am sure you will enjoy it.

8. Re: Last Minute secret hotel in Glasgow.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2012, 00:17