We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

Hi, I am staying at the premier inn south and going to a concert at hampden.

Can anyone tell me if there is public transport nearby that would take me there? Is walking a possibility, how long would it take and is it a safe route to go?

Lastly how much would a taxi be and on concert nights are they easy to get? Could I ask the premier inn to book one for me?

Thanks in advance for any advice that I get.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,072 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

There are several bus routes which pass near the hotel eg 5/31/75.

The hotel will tell you where the nearest stops are.

It would be about 50 minutes walk,ok in daylight but not sure about late evening.

It would be easy to go by taxi but probably difficult to find one back after a concert.

aberdeen
Level Contributor
418 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

Thanks for that info. Can you tell me what bus company run these routes so I can have a look online?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/glasgow/

There you go.

4. Re: premier inn south to hampden - public transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2012, 05:32