We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Bus Route

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Best Bus Route

Hi

Starting working in Great Western Retail Park and live in Byres Road. What is the best bus to get ?? Willing to walk to get to the quickest bus route. Thanks.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Bus Route

I haven't a clue, but I use the website below for help finding my way around by public transport. Good luck in th new job!

http://www.travelinescotland.com/welcome.do

Scotland
Level Contributor
120 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Bus Route

so u just need a bus up great western road? i dont know which number of bus to get, off the top of my head, but u can look up the map on the first bus greater glasgow website..?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Bus Route

Hi, Yes I do not mind walking up to the Botanic gardens and getting a bus if this is quicker. At the moment the journey the route that I go takes one hour as I get a bus in Partick and go through all the housing areas. As I am not from Glasgow I do not really know the area. I will try first bus website. Thank you.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,440 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Bus Route

Dunno which end of Byres road you are living at but you could walk to the GW retail park in an hour.

You can walk to Partick train station and take the train to Drumry. Only takes 13 minutes Plus about another 5 miniutes walking to the retail park

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
10,456 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Bus Route

You need firstbus #20 to drumchapel and goes to east kilbride in the other direction, runs along gwr so get it at the botanical gardens, although it peels off about 500 yds before the retail park over the flyover at duntreath rd, very frequent service with a bus approx every 15 mins.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Bus Route

I am staying at the Western Infirmary side of Byres road so the walk to the Botanic gardens followed by a no. 20 sounds great. It should be much quicker than the route that I have been taking for the last few days (just arrived in Glasgow). Depending on the cost of the train that may be an option also as price is important since I am a student and needing the cash. Thanks a lot for the info. Shall def. ditch this long route that I am taking lasting 1 hour. I would be quicker travelling back to Edinburgh at this rate!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Bus Route

If you have a bike you could save even more by cycling there and back.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,824 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Bus Route

Hi,Not sure what the time or cost difference would be to take the train from Partick instead of catching the bus from GWR but the website I gave above should have all that infomation available at the touch of a few buttons.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
264 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Bus Route

Yes, I thought of cycling but the road looks manic. Should I dare risk it???Some nights returning just before midnight.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Bus Route

At least it will be quiet then and if you want a quieter way to get there then you can cycle along the canal path.