We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

sussex
Level Contributor
180 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

hi , coming up to glasgow for one night staying at the citizen m hotel on a saturday but need to catch a flight from glasgow airport sunday morning at 10am , can anyone tell me what bus i need to catch , where from and how often does the bus run on a sunday .., cheers for anticipated replies

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Glasgow Flyer is the best service out to the airport - distinctive lime green buses.

http://www.glasgowflyer.com/

Even on a Sunday its pretty regular (15-20mins) and the motorway will be quiet, so you should only be about a 15min journey I'd imagine.

If your staying at Citizen M, then best place for you to catch it from is Buchanan Bus Station which is a couple of minutes along the road from your hotel.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

The bus goes from Buchanan Bus Station which is on the same street as your hotel.

The bus is silver/blue marked Glasgow Shuttle and takes 25 minutes.

At the moment it is every 15mins from 0630 on Sundays but please double check nearer the time as there may be changes.

Please note the above mentioned Glasgow Flyer is no longer the best service as it has been banished from the front of the airport terminal.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 20:50
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Here's the link for Glasgow Shuttle:

firstgroup.com/ukbus/…

Either one should be fine, I'd just jump on the first one that comes, the Glasgow Shuttle will save you about a 150 yard walk at the front of the terminal, I guess it depends on how much luggage you have!

sussex
Level Contributor
180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Cheers for your speedy response guys , info logged , seems like i'll have no probs getting back for my flight ..., one more thing , how far is ibrox from my hotel ?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
119 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Best way is to go on the Underground, walk down to Buchanan Street (5-10mins walk) and then go to Ibrox underground.

If its for a game, then expect it to be extremely busy, especially on the way back. If its just for a look about, then its not the best area at night.

Also, on a Sunday the Underground has pretty poor hours of operation (10am - 6pm) so watch you don't get caught short.

You'd be able to get a bus there from Buchanan Bus Station, probably take about 30-40mins, or walking would be about 40-60mins I reckon, but its not straightforward.

Taxi would be about 10mins, roughly £10 I'd guess.

Edited: 14 July 2011, 21:09
Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,207 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Perhaps 3 miles to Ibrox.

Get the subway from Buchanan St which is again close to your hotel(but some distance downhill from the bus staion)

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
11,145 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

Can you confirm if it is Glasgow International Airport and not Glasgow Prestwick? which is a different set of rules again.

sussex
Level Contributor
180 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

yes its glasgow international airport ..., yes its for a game im coming up for , the chelsea friendly., thanks to you guys ive now got all the travel info , now just gotta find a welcoming pub for the pre match beer , Cheers everyone

9. Re: city centre back to glasgow airport on a sunday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 09:19