We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Can anyone suggest any clubs or bars that play R&B, soul or reggae and cater for the more mature clubber. Sad to say that all four of us are 40 plus so nowhere where we would feel like the parents please!

We can't be partying with the under 30's!

We are coming for a few days from 28th sept-2nd oct. and staying in central glasgow. We wouldn't mind getting a taxi if a bit out of the area if place is worth going to. Thanks for any suggestions.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,894 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

I haven't been myself so can't be sure of the age demographic but some of the nights at Blackfriars might suit, and if they don't there's always the real ale:)

http://www.blackfriarsglasgow.com/

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

My favourite bar in Glesca!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Blackfriars does sometimes do a soul/ reggae/ dancehall/ ska type night but I think it's once a month. Your best bet is probably the Buff club on Bath Lane. It always has funk/ soul music, Friday night is old school night. Suitable for all ages, i'm 32 and I go regularly. You can facebook them and get on the guestlist.

Have a look on www.theskinny.co.uk for other club nights, you might find some in other venues around town, but you shouldn't need to venture out of the city, there are loads of very diverse clubs to go to.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Thanks all for taking the time to reply, I'll do some research on both the clubs and also look on that website. Thanks again

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Nae bother. I'll have a beer if you see me there. Enjoy!

1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Hey how you doing? Did you ever find a bar or club that suited your musical tastes. I'm going there in November with friends and we are looking the same. Sweet soul bruthas. Lol.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Hiya, no unfortunately the nightlife wasn't really our scene, but we are a bit hard to please as none of us are big drinkers so it's all about the music. I'm sure if you get a few drinks down your neck you'll find somewhere to have a good time, there's plenty of bars and restaurants.

We've got to know the scene and the events in London that suit us and now have just found some good places since I've moved up near Birmingham but we always have this trouble when trying a new city. We did try the Buff club which had a nice crowd on the night we went but wasn't really for us but may be worth you trying if you can't find anywhere else. Have fun anyway.

1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Hey,sorry u didn't enjoy Glasgow mb next time try The Savoy,altho iv not been 4 a few years,I'm forty plus Male n woz gona try Buff Club,is it ok for my age n wot didn't u like about it? Thanks Muffer (glasgow)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

For soul, ska and stuff then the Buff Club is your best bet. Glasgow doesn't really have a big scene in that style of music though. Sorry to the above poster but I'd definitely avoid the Savoy.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,013 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: R&B, soul, reggae bars or clubs in Glasgow?

Buff Club? Hrrrrmmm.

Get answers to your questions about Glasgow