We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glasgow in may

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Glasgow in may

Wondering How cold weather is in scotland in the middle of may. We are going to glasgow, Edinburgh. And scottish highlands. Is there enough to do in and around glasgow for three days.? We are joining a small group in glasgow but going a few days early.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
3,016 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glasgow in may

Never any guarantees with our weather but May can actually be one of our best months,certainly not cold.

Glasgow will keep you occupied for a few days.We are proud of our museums and shopping is much better than Edinburgh.

What are you interested in seeing?

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
38,441 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glasgow in may

I agree, May can be a great month for weather or perhaps that is just because we Scots never seem to expect much from it and are just glad to see some first Spring sunshine.

Anyway it can even get over 70F. but can snow. If you don't like the weather in SCotland just wait 20 minutes and it will change.

Apart from what glasgow has to offer there's loads to do and see. Loch Lomond, Stirling and Edinburgh are just a train ride away

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,827 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Glasgow in may

Just visiting a handful of the highlights on the hop on hop off bus tour will keep you nicely engaged for a couple of days (tickets good for two days). Well worth popping in to the Tourist Information Office at George Square and picking up the leaflets with discount coupons and attraction ideas.

http://citysightseeingglasgow.co.uk/

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
2,944 posts
167 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Glasgow in may

Susan I have been in Boston in May. Expect Scotland to be similar.In other words expect anything from snow (highly unlikely) to warm sunshine (possible).

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Glasgow in may

Ronaldo,

So sorry I did not check my messages until now but thank you so much for your reply. I am from Boston so I am used to crazy weather! Do you know anything about The Isle of Arran. I wanted to go for the day and wondered how we would manage this from Glasgow. Thanks

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Glasgow in may

Thanks Alex for your reply. I'm sorry for my late return reply but I forgot to check my messages! You are right about Boston we have some crazy cold weather in May!!

boston
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Glasgow in may

Thanks for your reply Purple! I was a little late checking my messages. Also thanks for the link.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Glasgow in may

A day trip to Arran is no problem.

You get the train from Glasgow Central to Ardrossan Harbour:-

http://www.scotrail.co.uk/

Then ferry to Arran:-

www.calmac.co.uk/destinations/arran.htm

9. Re: Glasgow in may

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 10:15