We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Topic
Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

Anyone tried Fujimama Oriental Cafe? Haven't noticed them at Xscape before but the lunch menu looks good and reasonably priced.

http://www.fujimama.co.uk/

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

Hi :)

Havent tried it personally but a girl I used to work with went almost every night of the week...raved about it! I've passed it a few times going into the cinema and it looks very cool...quite mysterious almost.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

thanks lolly. i read your reply and decided to try it for myself. the food was terrific and the service and value excellent. think i just found my new favourite place!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

Glad you had a great time :)

I'm intrigued to try it myself next time I'm up at Xscape...getting a bit tired of TGI's and Frankie and Bennys! However I find walking past Nandos almost impossible lol :)

Bridge of Weir...
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

AVOID AVOID AVOID!

I have just been to Fujimama tonight and the service can only be described as disgusting!

I ordered salmon teryaki and when it arrived it was dripping in grease. I asked the waiter to change it. I am still in shock at his reply. He stated that this is how salmon is and if I didnt like it I could leave it. He was abrupt and rude! I said I couldnt eat it so he just lifeted the plate away without even looking at me. The waiter never returned until I asked for the bill for our starters. He handed me the bill and still didnt look at me in fact he practically threw the bill at me.

I have NEVER received such bad service. I was polite when I asked for my salmon to be changed and did not deserve the disgusting way I was treated. Avoid this restaurant at all costs

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,786 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

sorry but i can only go on my own personal experience and that was very good. so no i wont avoid. pity your meal wasnt great though.

Bridge of Weir...
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

Until last night I would have agreed that it was a good restaurant. The fact that the food was so bad was not my main issue as it could have been rectified, what I am still in shock about is the abrupt and rude waiter. He was simply awful! I have sent the restaurant website an email so I will keep you posted on upon their reply

Bridge of Weir...
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

4 days later and I am STILL awaiting a reply from the email I sent the restaurant re the poor service. Says it all really!

Scotland, Maryland
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

No, I agree. I was served by the waiter - I think he was the manager, actually - he wasn't in a black shirt. as the other waitresses were and HE WAS SIMPLY RUDE AND HORRIBLE.

Bridge of Weir...
Level Contributor
6 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

I am sorry you received the same rude service as I did. I used to go to the restaurant on a regular basis and since the aggressive rude behaviour I got from the waiter/manager I have not been back nor would I go back.

Also never got a reply from the 2 emails I sent. Very poor!

If you like Japanese food I would recommend Nanakusa in Sauchiehall St.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
289 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fujimama at Xscape Braehead

You may be better contacting the restaurant directly with your complaint, some websites never get checked or they go to a head office and filter through a lot of people before they actually get to the person who should be dealing with it!