We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

I am due to attend a wedding of a relative at this hotel in August and am very keen to know whst people think about the hotel.Whilst I am grateful to receieve any information from those who have maybe stayed there in general, Im very keen to hear from those who have attended any functions there (weddings in particular). Many thanks in advance to all that respond.

P.S. Is there anything i can advise the bride or groom to do, not do, ask for etc?

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

I was there for a retirement function the weekend before last.

They were charging £9 for a glass of wine which seemed a bit steep to me.

Person that organised the event said the hotel staff were very helpful.

London
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

The first thing that comes to my mind, is have the bride and groom asked you to do research on the hotel? If not, I wonder how they might receive such information when they could well have got everything in hand.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

Thanks TankTop for the moral guidance.

Lyn, here is a link to the reviews of the hotel, they seem pretty great.

I've never stayed there, but the champagne bar is lovely, expensive but not too expensive.

As far as tips are concerned, try and get a room which is not facing the street, it'll be really noisy. There is a taxi rank outside where all the steamers queue at the end of the night.

Other than that have a good one!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

thanks for the heads up on the vino.will opt for the beer, pace myself and pay a cheekt trip to the offy during the afternoon and do a bit of cheeeky smugglin if i can. £9 is a night out at my local.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

Weddings are what the half bottle of vodka was invented for!

6. Re: wedding at the Grand Central Hotel, Glasgow

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2013, 09:20