We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag weekend

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
193 reviews
Save Topic
Stag weekend

Know Glasgow fairly well, but looking for ideas for suitable restaurants and bars for a Stag weekend, 15-20 of us.

Indian restaurants - the ones I know, Mother India, Balbirs, aren't really suiatble for a noisy crowd.

Any quirky or themed restaurants?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
49 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stag weekend

Hiya...

Theres curry karaoke and shanghai shuffle. Shanghai is quite popular for stag/hen dos.

Lauren

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stag weekend

I agree with Lauren, Curry karaoke is probably a good bet, there is one just beside the tall ship past the Secc which then gives you the choice of city centre or west end for drinks afterwards. They are a good laugh and cheap and the food is okay too.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
287 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stag weekend

Dont go to the curry karaoke in Charing Cross, had our Christmas night out there it was awful. Friends say Shanghai Shuffle is good.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stag weekend

SlumDog on Sauchiehall Street would be perfect, then your handy for the madness in the bars later

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stag weekend

Cheers for that, I was actually just looking at Slumdog! Also Charcoals on Renfield St, have you tried it? Also need to be wheelchair accessible.

Level Contributor
39 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stag weekend

Charcoals I have been to. 15 would be fine there but the toilet is down the stairs. I may be wrong but I didn't notice a disabled toilet.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stag weekend

Yes, I had my own Stag night meal in Slumdog. Was perfect, and they are a good laugh and accomadating to guys on a night out for a beers etc. I dont remember any stairs as its ground floor right off Sauchiehall Street. Big wide doors from what I remember, so wouldnt think you would have a problem with wheelchair access

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stag weekend

Great, thanks. It's booked.

Any recommendations for west end, Byres Rd/Ashton Lane eateries? Was looking at Oran Mor but no parties bigger than 14.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
202 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stag weekend

I replied to your other post

Dingwall, Scotland
Level Contributor
86 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Stag weekend

Thanks for all the suggestions, a good weekend.

Slumdog was good, friendly service and decent food.

Oran Mor on Saturday night also fine.

Various bars, Walkabout, O'Neils, Counting House, Tennents. Woodside Inn (near Firhill).

Great weather, great weekend, still suffering..