We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

Hi

Can anyone please advise if there are any other places in Glasgow that do afternoon tea and cocktails other than The Saint and The Blind Pig. It would be on a Saturday.

Thanks

Natick...
Level Contributor
37 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

Haven't been yet, but was looking up stuff near a hotel I'll be staying at next month with my mother, aunt, and sister and came across these two options:

http://www.willowtearooms.co.uk/

thebutterflyandthepig.com/tearooms/afternoon…

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,964 posts
313 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

So many people are thoroughly disappointed with willow tea rooms that I've always given it a miss. Consistently good feedback for butterfly and pig though and was going to suggest it.

Rogan is another one worth considering. They do a champagne afternoon tea. Menu on the website: http://www.roganoglasgow.com/restaurant.html

Do you prefer suggestions for the city centre?

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,600 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

There is a champagne afternoon tea option at Blytheswood square hotel. townhousecompany.com/blythswoodsquare/dining…

Ayr, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,700 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

We got a good deal for Limelight for afternoon tea but it is a voucher deal on a website - don't know if it will still be available.

Corinthian?

Mentioned in this post
The Corinthian
The Corinthian
928 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

I know that the Burrell Collection and also Waverly Tea Rooms in Shawlands (south side) offer afternoon tea.

Also, Hugh's Champagne Bar in Frasers, city centre.

Hotel du Vin in the west end is another good place.

Mentioned in this post
The Burrell Collection
The Burrell Collection
1,220 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Hugh's Champagne Bar
Hugh's Champagne Bar
54 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

wouldnt bother with waverley team rooms its part of the G1 group the food is dreadful.

Maybe the Blythswood Hotel?

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

Following on from my previous post, I went to the Waverley Tea Rooms for afternoon tea last month and it was the best afternoon tea I have ever had, hands down. I don't know what the rest of their food is like, but they sure know how to do an amazing afternoon tea. It is necessary to pre-book though as they order the scones and cakes in specifically, as they found that not enough people have the tea to justify ordering the products every day - they said there was far too much wastage. We had scones, brownies, cheesecake, gateaux, and the most wonderful sandwiches...along with a pot of tea each and rose cava. Myself (23), my cousin (28), my mum (49), and my gran (75) all though it was winderful...so definitely something for all ages.

8. Re: Afternoon Tea & Cocktails

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 07:18