We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eating in Glasgow city centre

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Eating in Glasgow city centre

Can anyone recommend a good Chinese or Italian restaurant that is central. Coming down for a show on saturday, staying at Thistle hotel.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
682 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Amarones in Nelson Mandela Place is good, but from the map you could probably find somewhere closer. I'm sure the Glasgow boys and girls will come up with the goods!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Piccolo Mondo argyle street just won restaurant of the year the food is fantastic

UK
Level Contributor
3,268 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Chinatown on New City Road is the best Chinese restaurant in the city centre.

Our two favourite Italian restaurants in the city centre are Paperinos at 78 St. Vincent Street and Osteria Piero on West Regent Street.

Enjoy!

Dundee, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

thanx for replies, be sure to try one of these.

Helensburgh, United...
Level Contributor
1,215 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

If you fancy taps Italian-style, I would really recommend "Pesto" on St Vincent Street. The standard and choice of food was first class and very reasonably priced. Check out the reviews on TA.

UK
Level Contributor
598 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

The best Chinese in the city centre is actually Ho Wong on York Street, although it ain't cheap. China Town is decent enough, though, and is probably better value.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
290 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Amber Regent on West Regent Street is also a very nice chinese restaurant. they do half price main courses on a Saturday night if they are ordered before 6.45pm (which I imagine you will be if you are going to a show)

http://www.amberregent.com/special-offers.htm

Scotland
Level Contributor
173 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Best chinese restaurant I have been to is Opium, which is in Hope Street and has one awards recently. Dragon-i is also nice, at the top of Hope Street.

There are lots of Italian restaurants and you cant go wrong with any of them really. My favourites are La Taverna, Amarone, Qua, but there are lots of choices. Piccolo Mondo is nice, but I find it expensive and the food too rich, but its a matter of taste. You will get a list of decent offers on www.5pm.co.uk, which I always use to book.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
10 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

Thistle Hotel is very close to Sauchiehall Street and there are a number of restaurants on this street. Good but expensive Chinese is Amber Regent in West Regent Street which is quite near your hotel,

10. Re: Eating in Glasgow city centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 07:16