We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good Restaurants?

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Good Restaurants?

Hi all,

I am visiting Glasgow in a few weeks and we are staying at the Jurys Inn on Jamica Street. Whilst we are there were can people recommend we eat?We would like recommendations on all you can eat buffets?Although any other nice restaurants / pubs are welcome.

Thanks

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
9,887 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good Restaurants?

Eat all you cans tend to be a wee bit hit and miss in my opinion.

The nearest to you are bombay blues on hope st and china buffet king on west nile st.

Check www.5pm.com for more ideas.

Hamilton, United...
Level Contributor
698 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good Restaurants?

I agree with Madscotsman. The All You Can Eats in Glasgow are not very good. Food can sit far too long depending on the time of day that you go. Bombay Blues is probably your best bet for Indian, I wouldn't recommend any Chinese buffet.

Glasgow Scotland
Level Contributor
231 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good Restaurants?

Actually I wouldn't go near a China Buffet King if you paid me. The Kings Lodge on Union Street serves good quality and varied Chinese buffet at decent prices. Chukoko on Sauchiehall St is another miles better than the Buffet King.

glasgow
Level Contributor
66 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good Restaurants?

For Chinese all you can eat it has to be the Kings Lodge on Union street and I have also heard good things about Bombay Blues dont actually know of many other Indian all you can eat in the city.

As for other restraunts I would suggest try as had already been mentioned www.5pm.co.uk not often now that we eat out with out it there are plenty of good deals on it and the reviews are normally good guides as well

Barrow in Furness
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Good Restaurants?

Excellent,

Thank you all for the ideas and i have seen a few things on that 5pm site.

Thanks again for the help and info.

Cheers

6. Re: Good Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 06:42