We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay

Which Glasgow hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
where to stay

I posted earlier, was all set to book PI Argyle st, but its full now! Would the charing cross 1 be ok instead? Or should I go for something else...

Going to a concert at secc & was hoping to stay somewhere to be able to walk there & back but thats seeming unlikely, unless I go for Crownle Plaza but thats a bit too expensive, dont fancy Campailne (sp)

Its a room for myself & 2 daughters age 11 & 9.

Any advice would be much appreciated! Been looking for ages & getting dizzy with info! lol.

UK
Level Contributor
3,254 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay

The Premier Inn at Charing Cross is centrally located - close to the shopping areas of Sauchiehall Street and Buchanan Street. There is a handy train station from where you could get the train to the SECC.

Enjoy!

Cumbernauld
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay

Note that if you were to get the train to the Exhibition Centre from Charing Cross you would have to swap platforms at Partick.

Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay

The premier inn is not a bad location at all. Central and fairly quiet. Other hotels that are boutiques and fairly prices are in the merchant city. Rab's ha's, Babbitt bowsers and the Brunswick hotel are all worth a look. The first two are pubs with rooms. Http://Www.google.com Brunswick hotel can be around £55 a night. Small but friendly

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for South Ayrshire, Glasgow
Level Contributor
14,729 posts
288 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to stay

Did you take a look at Jurys after?

Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to stay

Hi, I did have a wee look at it, but just went with PI charing cross. Thanks for your help.

Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: where to stay

Also, a quick way from charing cross to the SECC would be to walk to Anderston train station (maybe 10 minutes at most from the hotel) and get the train to Exhibition Centre which is the next stop.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
35,520 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to stay

The PI Charing cross is actually about the same distance as the Argyle St one from the SECC.

8. Re: where to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Glasgow