We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurant for a family celebration

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
restaurant for a family celebration

We are looking to book a city centre or southside restaurant to celebrate my mums 70th. We need somewhere that can accommodate a party of 14 , including kids, but not in a private room. The youngest child is 7. Preferably with a wide ranging menu to suit all tastes. Can anyone suggest a good place to book?

Bilson Eleven
££££, British, Scottish
Cafe Strange Brew
££ - £££, Cafe, British, Scottish
Number 16
££ - £££, European, British, Scottish
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Do you know if they let kids in in the evening?

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Who?

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

yes I think up to 9pm..... there were kids in when we visited.....

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Many thanks to everyone for their help. I have passed on all your suggestions to my mum so she can make a decision : )

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Contacted Mitchells restaurant and they were not keen on a group booking which included kids. Children not allowed after 8pm which is unusual for a restaurant.

Loch Lomond
Level Contributor
3,074 posts
179 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Why not give Cafe Source a call?

Mentioned in this post
Cafe Source
Cafe Source
540 Reviews
Glasgow, UK
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
44 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Will do

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
77 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Hiya. we love Barbarossa which is in Cathcart. they have lovely food and staff and have tables on a few levels so you could still have it pretty private without booking somewhere with a private room.

personally I've never been to the croft in croftfoot because my nutcase neighbour drinks in there, (it is literally 2mins walking distance from me. it depends what your looking for but to me its a pub in a not great area and if your looking for a nice treat i would look at somewhere a bit more sophisticated. I have also been to the wee curry shop on byres road which looks tiny but we had a family meal in the upstairs which seated around 20 of us and was very private and lovely food.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
12,468 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

Would agree with the opinion on the croft!!

Def a local boozer that happens to do meals and if you went down that route there are better wetherspoons all over the city you could choose

20. Re: restaurant for a family celebration

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:15